Ishan Uday Scholarship: Ishan Uday Scholarship is offered by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) is offering for NER 2018-19. This is a special scheme available for the North Eastern domiciled students who have passed the Class12th examination. The objective of this scheme is: to provide equal opportunity for the NE region students to pursue higher education, to increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region, to focus more on professional education in NE Region, Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
It is envisioned to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year starting from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Students with the domicile of NER who have passed Class 12th or equivalent exam from a school located within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only.
- Students who have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under: Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act, Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC, Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government, Institutes of National Importance, Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
- Only first-year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for the scholarship.
- The income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Who are not Eligible for Ishan Uday?
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of a Degree.
- Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Slots of Ishan Uday Scholarship
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently-abled persons.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Rewards
Ishan Uday scholarship for NER expends a total of 10,000 scholarships at the flow of up to INR 7800 per month every year to the chosen students. The scholarship expense is paid to the picked applicants through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode into their bank accounts. The amount of scholarships designated to each North Eastern State is done based on the population of the respective State (as per the latest Census report). The complete details of the Ishan Uday scholarship reward are highlighted below.
- The scholars who are seeking general degree courses are eligible to avail a scholarship amount of INR 5400 per month till the end of their courses.
- A monthly scholarship amount of INR 7800 is provided to those picked students who are seeking technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
Students who wish to avail the perks of Ishan Uday scholarship can apply through online mode only for the scholarship via the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The applicants are suggested to have with them all the required documents while applying for the scholarship scheme. Given here is a complete description of how to apply for this scholarship.
- First, register yourself on NSP Portal as a new candidate by giving correct information.
- The candidates are expected to provide information about their educational qualifications, Aadhaar Number, School/College Enrolment Number, Bank details, and the State of Domicile while filling up the registration form.
- The candidates’ application ID will be generated based on their residence state. This application ID will be further used as ‘Login ID’ on NSP Portal and future references.
- Details such as the applicant’s name, date of birth, email ID, ID proof details and mobile number must be entered carefully.
- After completing the registration form, an OTP will be generated with which the candidate has to log in and fill the scholarship application form.
- Candidates should upload all the required documents and submit the application form.
Ishan Uday Scholarship – Documents Required
- Domicile certificates issued by a competent authority
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Aadhaar card
- Marksheets of the last examination verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College, in case of renewal of the scholarship
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages
Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Procedure
The awardees will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class XII or equivalent exam. The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason. The result shall be published on the UGC website. Award letters can be downloaded from the UGC online application portal. The effective date of release of fellowship shall be 1st April of the election year or the actual date of joining the first year of the undergraduate degree course whichever is later.
Ishan Uday Scholarship – Scholarship Duration and Renewal
- The scholarship awarded under the scheme will be renewed during the term of the first-degree course, subject to good conduct and maintenance of designated attendance.
- Scholars who fail to get promoted to the subsequent class/level would get the scholarship in the coming year, subject to the situation that if the student fails again for the second time, he/she would abandon the scholarship and it would not be recommenced for the remaining period of the course.
- If an awardee is incapable to appear in the annual exam because of illness or on account of any unforeseen incident, the scholarship may be resumed for the next academic year on submission of a medical certificate and other proof to satisfy the Head of the Institution.
- The growth of the scholar is to be observed by the head of the department of the Universities/Colleges/Institutions. The scholar is expected to submit quarterly continuation document duly signed by the head of the Institution of the Universities/Colleges/Institutions to the designated branch of a named bank.
- Any scholar who stops the studies without the prior consent of the UGC will have to repay the whole amount through e-mode (RTGS/NEFT) directly to UGC account.
- An awardee would be allowed to continue/renew his/her scholarship if he/she changes the course of study to another stream (e.g. Law, Fashion Technology, etc.). Scholars pursuing 5 years of courses, would get a scholarship at the designated rates for the duration of the course.
- Scholars changing their college/institute of education would be permitted to continue/renew the scholarship provided the course of study and the institution is recognized, subject to the condition that the scholarship will not be paid twice for the same year of study.
- In case the scholarship is eliminated for any reason, the decision of the UGC will be final. In the event of de-notification/deletion of any institution, the scholarship will remain to be available to the learners already admitted under the scheme, if otherwise eligible, till completion of the course.
- The scholar will be allowed to transfer his/her place of study as well as the course only once in the entire tenure of the scholarship. If the scholar switches from a general degree course to the technical or professional course he will be entitled to the amount of general degree course only, as initially sanctioned. If he/she switches from a technical or professional course to a general degree course he would be entitled to the amount of general degree course only.