Maths is a subject that is available in both streams whether it is science or commerce. It is a very technical and formula based subject in which a student takes the most time for preparation. The Class 10 Maths Board Exam is very difficult and students have to be systematic while attempting this exam because it is very time-consuming and lengthy. Many students fail to complete the entire exam because they fail to manage time.
Maths is a subject that resolves around formulas. Students have to remember all the formulas and take the correct steps in sequence to solve the equation.
Maths Board Exam Class 10- Exam pattern
Class 10th maths exams consist of 4 sections i.e. section A, section B, section C, and section D. The student has to solve 40 questions which are divided into 4 sections. The passing marks in boards are 33 out of 80 marks.
Maths Board Exam Class 10- Subjects
To get a good score in the maths board exam, CBSE recommends that a student must prepare the following topics properly as these topics contain the highest value. The list of topics are as follows:
- Real numbers
- Surface areas
Preparing for the above-mentioned topics will help you score good marks. Students have to keep in mind that they have to prepare in a given time. Spending too much time on one topic may result in failure to cover the entire syllabus.
Maths Board Exam Class 10- Reference Books
Here is the list of some reference books which students can go through if they want to score good marks or top the exam. Since NCERT is considered the best resource for the preparation of the board exams if a student understands the concepts of NCERT, then they can score 95% very easily. But for the remaining 5%, you can go through these reference books listed below.
- Mathematics for class 10 by RD Sharma
- Secondary School Mathematics by RS Aggarwal
- All in One by Arihant
- Class 10th maths Xam Idea
Maths Board Exam Class 10- Tips and tricks
- One thing you should definitely do is to practice solving the question paper in 3 hours and increase your speed. If you want to score good marks then you have to attempt all the questions given in the question paper.
- It is advised to attempt the exam from section D which consists of the questions with the highest marks. This is the trick that is suggested by many teachers so that students can attempt all high marking questions with ample time in their hands. If the student starts the exam from section A, then there might be a chance that they will leave section D or might attempt the high marking questions in a haste.
- Practice all the examples and questions given at the end of the chapters and in between the chapters as most of the questions will be from the example section.
- Prepare a strategy before the exam. Decided how much time you want to give to each section and also analyze which section needs most of the time.
- Read the question paper carefully in the allotted 15 minutes for reading, you will analyze all the formulas and solve the questions in your mind which gives you confidence while attempting the exam.
Maths Board Exam Class 10- Marking scheme
Maths Board Exam Class 10 is divided into 4 sections i.e. section A which consists of 20 questions of 1 mark each, section B which consist of 6 questions having 2 marks each, section C which consists of 8 questions having 3 marks each and last is section D consists of 4 questions having 6 marks each.
FAQs on Maths Board Exam Class 10
Q 1. How many chapters are there in the syllabus of Maths Board Exam Class 10?
Answer. There are 15 chapters that you need to prepare for class 10th board exam, which is divided into 2 parts.
Q 2. Is NCERT enough to get 90% marks in the board exam?
Answer. Yes, if you understand the core concepts of NCERT, then you can easily score 95% in the examination.
Q 3. How many chapters are there in part 1 of the NCERT book for Mathematics?
Answer. There are 8 chapters in part 1 and 7 chapters in part 2. One needs to prepare both parts to pass the exam with a high score.