Higher Education Scholarship 2023: The Kerala State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) has released the notification for the Higher Education Scholarship 2023. The Higher Education Scholarship has initiated to provide financial support to the meritorious students. For which these students of Kerala State can pursue higher education. It also aims to nurture academic inquiry and research. 1000 first-year undergraduate candidates of the state will be selected for this scholarship every year. But, these candidates should pursue their studies in science, humanities, social science, and business study streams in Govt/ Aided Colleges and Universities of the Kerala State.
The application for this scholarship will be available on the official website soon. Candidates can apply online for this scholarship on or before the deadline. Read the complete article to get all information about Higher Education Scholarship 2023.
Higher Education Scholarship 2023
The Higher Education Scholarship is the most popular scheme. It has implemented in the higher education sector of the Kerala state. KSHEC provides higher education through scholarships and financial support to needy students. It encourages students from lower-income families to pursue higher education. Candidates domiciled in Kerala State can only apply for this scholarship. This scholarship introduced by KSHEC for the benefits of students studying non-professional courses. But, the students should be studying in Universities and Govt/Aided Colleges in the state.
The Higher Education Scholarship launched in 2009 by KSHEC. KSHEC is an advisory body acts as a state-level coordinating agency for higher educational activities. KSHEC was set up in 2007 by the state legislature act 22 in India. It works to develop teaching, research, and human resources. The Council contains 3 bodies as per the KSHEC Amendment in 2007. These are Advisory Body, Governing Body, and Executive Body.
The Scholarship initiated to attract outstanding students to various disciplines. These are the human sciences, basic sciences, and business studies streams. Around 25,000 fresh undergraduate students apply for this scholarship every year. But, the number of fresh scholarships for each academic year limited to 1000. So, only 4% of the applicant’s avail of this scholarship. Due to the increasing demand of this scholarship, the council has decided to send a proposal. For which the number of fresh scholarships will increase to 1200.
Higher Education Scholarship Overview
|Conducting Body||Kerala State Higher Education Council (KSHEC)|
|Scholarship Name||Higher Education Scholarship (HES)|
|Applicable For||UG 1st Year Students|
|Application Deadline||March 10 2023|
Higher Education Scholarship Important Dates
|Start of KSHEC Scholarship Application||February 17 2023|
|Deadline to Submit KSHEC Scholarship Application||March 10 2023|
|Last Date to Submit Registration and Documents to Principal/ HOD||March 28 2023|
|Last Date for Verification or Approval by Principal/ HOD||March 31 2023|
Higher Education Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for KSHEC Scholarship:
- Candidates of first-year undergraduate courses are only eligible for this scholarship.
- First-year candidates of various Govt/Aided and Science Colleges of different streams in the state. Different streams of Science, Humanities, Social Science, and Business Studies are eligible.
- Candidate Should be an Indian Citizen and domiciled in Kerala State.
- Candidates who are studying professional courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Candidates who are getting any other scholarship or stipend other than fee relaxation are not eligible.
The educational qualification of different category candidates based on the marks in class 12th as listed below:
- The General Candidates should have obtained at least 75% of marks in Science/Business Studies. Whereas 60% of marks in Humanities/ Social Science.
- The ST Candidates should have obtained at least pass marks.
- The SC Candidates should have obtained at least 55% of marks in Science/Humanities/Social Science. Whereas in Business Studies should have obtained at least 60% of the marks.
- The BPL/OBC Candidates should have obtained at least 60% of marks in Science, 55% in Humanities/Social Science, and 65% in Business Studies.
- The PH Candidates should have obtained at least 45% of marks in all the subjects.
Higher Education Scholarship Rewards
KSHEC Scholarship amount varies depending on the education. Candidates who have a disability of over 40% will receive an extra 25% of the scholarship amount. The scholarship amount will be awarded to the shortlisted candidates as mentioned in the below-given table.
|Year of Study||Graduates||Postgraduates (Continuing Education)|
|1st Year||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 40,000/-|
|2nd Year||Rs. 18,000/-||Rs. 60,000/-|
|3rd Year||Rs. 24,000/-||–|
Higher Education Scholarship Selection Process
The Selections for this Scholarship are on the basis of Merit. The final selection depends on the academic merit and financial needs of the candidates. Kerala State Govt selects the candidates after verifying the application. Candidates should have the Bank account to avail of the benefits of this scholarship. The Scholarship amount will transfer to the shortlisted candidate’s bank account. Scholarship allotment depends on the total number of seats available in each stream for each university.
Higher Education Scholarship Application Process
Refer to the below points to apply for the KSHEC Scholarship.
- Go to the official website of the Kerala State Higher Education Scholarship portal.
- Click on the ‘Online Registration’ appeared on the left side of the homepage.
- Fill the registration form by entering the correct information. Information about the permanent address, details of the qualifying exam, bank details, etc.
- Then, accept the declarations and type the characters appear in the image. Next, click on ‘Submit’.
- After registration, you can log in with your registration Id, date of birth, and password.
- After this, you can complete your fresh scholarship application.
- You should keep your registration Id and password safely for future usage.
- Then, submit a printout of the form along with the relevant documents to the Principal/HOD.
Documents Required for Higher Education Scholarship
The below-mentioned documents must be uploaded along with the application.
- Attested copy of the SSLC certificate for age proof
- Attested copy of the SSLC or Equivalent mark sheets
- Attested copy of the first page of the candidate’s Bank Pass Book
- Candidates domicile certificate
- BPL category candidates should submit an attested copy of the certificate
- Physically Challenged candidates should submit an attested copy of the medical certificate
- SC/ST candidates should submit an attested copy of the caste certificate
- OBC candidates should submit an attested copy of the Non-creamy layer certificate
Higher Education Scholarship Reservation Criteria
Refer to the below-given reservation criteria for KSHEC Scholarship.
Higher Education Scholarship Renewal
Candidates must apply for the renewal of the Higher Education Scholarship every year. The selected candidate’s scholarships will be renewed in subsequent years. This process continues until they complete their post-graduation. Each candidate can get the renewal form from the Kerala State Govt and fill it up in the given format. Thereon, the candidate must get a recommendation from the Principal or HOD for renewal. The recommendation for renewing is based on the candidate’s satisfactory progress. In case of failure in any academic year result in the discontinuation of the scholarship amount/stipend for that entire period. Refer to the below points to Renew the Higher Education Scholarship application form.
- Candidates should go to the official website of the Higher Education Scholarship portal.
- Login with registration Id and password to renew the existing application. Edit the old application form correctly which exists in the KSHEC Scholarship portal.
- Then, submit the Scholarship Renewal application form to the Head of the institution.
Higher Education Scholarship Result
The candidate’s application along with documents will be verified and shortlisted in April. After that, the result will be published on its official website in April. Candidates can check the list of the name of the selected candidates on the portal. Candidates can also search their name in the selection list to know their eligibility status. After the result declaration, the scholarship amount will be distributed to the selected candidates.
Higher Education Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any help or queries related to this Scholarship contact on the below-mentioned details.
|Phone Number||(0471)2301-293 (Office),
2301-297 (Scholarship section)
|Address||Kerala State Higher Education Council,
Science and Technology Museum Campus,
PO-PMG, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
|Email ID||[email protected]|
FAQ’s on Higher Education Scholarship
What is the Higher Education Scholarship?
KSHEC introduced this scholarship for the benefits of students studying non-professional courses. But, the students should be studying in Universities and Govt/Aided Colleges in the state. The Higher Education Scholarship is the most popular scheme. It has implemented in the higher education sector of the Kerala state. This Scholarship initiated to provide financial support to the meritorious students. For which these students of Kerala State can pursue higher education.
Which candidates are eligible for the Higher Education Scholarship?
Candidates who are pursuing the first-year undergraduate courses are only eligible.
What are the Higher Education Scholarship application starting and closing dates?
The Higher Education Scholarship application starting date is February. Whereas the closing date is March/April.
Is the Higher Education Scholarship available for all State candidates?
No, the Higher Education Scholarship is available only for the Kerala State candidates.
Which candidates are not eligible for the Higher Education Scholarship?
Candidates who are studying professional courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
How many scholarships will be awarded to the selected students every year?
This Scholarship will be awarded to 1000 first-year UG selected candidates of the Kerala state every year.
How many students apply for the Higher Education Scholarship every year?
Around 25,000 fresh undergraduate students apply for this scholarship every year.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about the Higher Education Scholarship. If you have queries related to the Higher Education Scholarship, then leave it in the comment box to get in touch with us.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.