General knowledge is an important aspect of a student’s life and though, is not always prescribed in the syllabus but forms an important foundation for the intellectual building. Some important GK questions for Class 5 have been mentioned below. GK Questions will help you in participating in all competitive exams conducted in school and Entrance Exams.
1. Who is the Father of our Nation?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
2. Who was the first President of India?
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
3. Who is known as Father of Indian Constitution?
Answer: Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
4. Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
5. Giddha is the folk dance of?
6. Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India.
7. Which is the heavier metal of these two? Gold or Silver?
8. Who invented Computer?
Answer: Charles Babbage
9. 1024 Kilobytes is equal to?
Answer: 1 Megabyte (MB)
10. Brain of computer is?
11. India lies in which continent?
12. Which country are the Giza Pyramids in?
Answer: The Giza Pyramids are in Egypt.
13. What city is the statue of liberty in?
Answer: The statue of liberty is in New York City
14. How many Cricket world cups does India have?
Answer: India has two cricket world cups.
15. Martyrs’ Day is celebrated every year on?
Answer: 30th January
16. Name the first 3 planets in our solar system?
Answer: The first 3 planets in our solar system are mercury, venus, and earth.
17. Which is the longest river on the earth?
18. Gir National Park in Gujarat is famous for?
19. Which animal has hump on its back?
20. Name 3 root vegetables?
Answer: Beets, carrots, and radish are root vegetables.
21. Name the game which is played with bat, ball and wicket?
22. Smallest state of India is?
23. Fastest animal on earth is?
24. Which is the animal referred as the ship of the desert?
25. Which plant grows in desert?
26. Highest dam of India is?
Answer: Tehri Dam
27. The total distance around a figure is called its?
28. A figure with 8 sides is called?
29. What colour symbolises peace?
Answer: The colour white symbolises peace.
30. National Tree of India is?
Answer: Banyan tree
31. Which flower is white in colour?
32. Agra is situated on the bank of river?
33. Baby of horse is called?
34. National animal of India
35. Shape of Egg is?
36. Most widely spoken language in the world is?
Answer: Mandarin (Chinese)
37. Which insect has colourful wings?
38. Who wrote Romeo and Juliet?
Answer: William Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet.
39. Cry of lion is called?
40. Name any reptile?
Answer: A lizard is a reptile.
41. Cataract is the disease of?
42. Which organ purify our blood?
43. Who wrote the National Anthem – Jana Gana Mana?
Answer: Rabindra Nath Tagore
44. How many colours are there in India’s National Flag?
45. Gateway of India is located at?
46. Who was Albert Einstein?
Answer: Albert Einstein was a famous scientist.
47. What crop is famously grown in the region of Darjeeling?
Answer: The region of Darjeeling is known to grow Tea leaves.
48. Capital of Uttarakhand is?
49. When do we celebrate our Independence Day?
Answer: 15th August
50. Sun is a?
51. Which planet is nearest to Earth?
52. We get solar energy from?
53. What islands are a part of the country of India?
Answer: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep Islands belong to India.
54. Where does a dog live?
55. Which animal is called the ship of the desert?
56. Goitre is caused due to the deficiency of?
57. Who was George Washington?
Answer: George Washington was the first president of the United States of America.
58. Longest river in the world is?
59. How many players are there in a cricket team?
60. Largest island in the world is?
Answer: Green Land
61. Which president of the USA is responsible for the Emancipation Proclamation?
Answer: Abraham Lincoln is responsible for the Emancipation Proclamation.
62. LBW is related to which sports?
63. Young one of a cat is called?
64. Which African nation is famous for chocolate?
Answer: The nation of Ghana is world famous for chocolate.
65. Saina Nehwal is associated with which sports?
66. How many days are there in a Leap year?
67. Olylmpics games are held after every?
Answer: 4 years
68. How many sides are there in a pentagon?
69. What is King Arthur’s sword called?
Answer: King Arthur’s sword was called Excalibur.
70. A place where bees are kept is called?
71. Which is the biggest sea animal?
72. Who is the founder of Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft.
73. Who discovered Penicillin?
Answer: Alexander Flemming
74. Who was popularly known as Netaji?
Answer: Subhash Chandra Bose
75. Which country does the company Sony come from?
Answer: Sony comes from the nation of Japan.
76. Scientific study of birds is called?
77. Who is the author of the book – Broken Wing?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
78. Largest desert in the world is?
Answer: Sahara desert
79. In which direction does the sun rise?
Answer: The sun rises from the east.
80. Kuchipudi is the dance form of which state?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
81. Who was Margaret Thatcher?
Answer: Margaret Thatcher was a former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
82. United Nation (UN) day is celebrated on?
Answer: 24th October
83. In which season we wear warm clothes?
84. Which bird can not fly?
85. We should cross the road when the traffic light is?
86. Place where animals and birds are kept?
87. In which festival we play with colours?
88. Which fruit gives us oil?
89. Which jungle is the most dense in the world?
Answer: The Amazon is the densest jungle in the world.
90. The national song
Answer: Vande Mataram
91. The national bird is
92. The national fruit is
93. National Education Day
Answer: 11 Nov.
94. Children’s Day
Answer: 14 Nov.
95. Teacher’s Day
Answer: 5 September
96. Which place is known as tea garden of India
97. Which is the smallest bird ?
Answer: Humming Bird
98. Which is the largest ocean in the world ?
Answer: Pacific Ocean
99. Which is India’s largest fresh water lake?
Answer: Wular Lake
100. Which is the tallest waterfall in the world ?
Answer: Angel Falls
101. What does UPS stand for?
Answer: Uninterrupted Power Supply
102. Name the four metropolitan cities of India
Answer: Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi
103. Name the birthplace of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
Answer: Cuttack in Odisha
104. What is the boiling point of water?
Answer: 100 degree is the boiling point of water.
105. Narendra Modi was the Chief Minister of which states?
106. Which state has taken up Sanskrit as an official language?
107. Name the first female Indian Astronaut
Answer: Kalpana Chawla
108. Who was the first Indian to go to space?
Answer: Rakesh Sharma
109. Who was India’s longest serving Prime Minister?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
110. Which is the smallest continent?
111. Who invented the telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
112. Which acid is found in lemon?
Answer: Citric Acid
113. What is India’s form of Governance?
114. How many states does India have?
115. Who was the first Indian Woman to climb Mount Everest?
Answer: Bachendri Pal
116. ‘Madhubani’, a style of folk paintings, is popular in which of the following states in India?
117. Australia lies between which two oceans?
Answer: The Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean
118. Name the 14th President of India
Answer: Ram Nath Kovind
119. Which Indian woman was the first to win the Nobel Prize?
Answer: Mother Teresa
120. Who was the inventor of the light bulb?
Answer: Thomas Edison
121. Who is the Finance Minister of India?
Answer: Arun Jaitley
122. What is the national game of USA?
123. What is the full form of NEWS?
Answer: North East West South
124. What is the full form of AM and PM?
Answer: Ante Meridiem and After Midday
125. Who is the Vice President of India?
Answer: Venkaiah Naidu
126. Name the lightest gas
127. Who wrote Panchatantra?
Answer: Vishnu Sharma
128. Who was the first Indian to have won the Nobel Prize?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
129. Name the region that has the oldest rocks
130. Name the highest mountain peak of India
Answer: Mount Kanchenjunga
131. Entomology is the science that studies
132. How many layers are there in Earth’s atmosphere?
133. Name the biggest planet in our solar system
134. Which is the largest plateau in the world?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau
135. What is the order of the planets in the Solar System?
Answer: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune
136. Who invented the Television?
Answer: John Logie Baird
137. Where is the Ajanta caves situated?
138. What is the name of India and Pakistan’s border?
Answer: Radcliffe Line
139. What is the ratio of width to the length of National Flag of India?
140. Which gas commonly known as laughing gas
Answer: Nitrous oxide
141. Gandhi Ji started the Dandi March in which year?
142. What is the study of Universe known as?
143. Why are the leaves of a plant so important?
Answer: They produce food for the plant through photosynthesis
144. The famous Ganga Sagar Mela an annual fair is held in which state of India?
Answer: West Bengal
145. Who is considered the founder of the Sikh religion?
Answer: Guru Nanak
146. Who was known as the Indian Napoleon?
147. Who gave the slogan Do or Die?
Answer: Mahatma Gandhi
148. What is the distance between Earth and Sun?
Answer: 149.6 Million km
149. Which is the largest country in the world based on the area?
150. What is the most spoken language in the world?
Answer: Mandarin or Chinese
151. Which is the longest river in the world?
152. Which is the largest bone in the human body?
Answer: Femur, also known as the thighbone
153. Which is the first biosphere reserve in India?
Answer: Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
154. Which is the largest freshwater lake in India?
Answer: Wular Lake
155. What is the full form of HTTP?
Answer: Hypertext Transfer Protocol
156. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
157. Place these shapes in order of how many sides they have—square, triangle, octagon, and hexagon?
Answer: Triangle, square, hexagon, octagon
158. Who discovered the theory of relativity?
Answer: Albert Einstein
159. When is Hindi Diwas celebrated?
Answer: September 14th of every year
160. What is the script for Hindi language?
161. Who was the most sought-after social reformer after the end of Sati?
Answer: Raja Ram Mohan Roy
162. What is the name of our galaxy?
Answer: Milk Mekhela also known as the Milky Way
163. What is the percentage of water on the floor of our planet?
Answer: 71 percent
164. When is Earth Day celebrated?
Answer: April 22nd of each year
165. Which is the longest and shortest river in India?
Answer: Brahmaputra and Tapi, respectively.
166. Name the metals known to the people of Indus Valley Civilisation?
Answer: Copper, bronze, silver and gold
167. Who was the first female Governor of an Indian State?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
168. Jhum cultivation is a method of cultivation which is used to be practised in which state?
169. Which planet is the coldest planet in our solar system?
170. Who was the first Muslim lady to rule the Delhi Throne?
Answer: Razia Sultana
171. Where will you find the largest museum of India?
NCERT Solutions for Class 5 helps you in completing your home work.