GATE Scholarship 2023-24: AICTE GATE scholarship is a scholarship provided for candidates with sufficiently high GATE scores. Primarily meant for M.Tech students, the scholarship is awarded on a semester basis for up to two years. For Ph.D. students, the scholarship is extended to a maximum of 5 years. The scholarship is provided and regulated by the All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD).
The monthly stipend for M.Tech students amounts up to INR 12,400 per month for 8 hours of work per week. For Ph.D. students, the scholarship amount has been raised to INR 25,000 per month. For the next two consecutive years, financial assistance will be raised by INR 3,000. Read on to find more about scholarship for gate qualified students, gate scholarship status.
GATE Scholarship Application Process
Provided that the candidates fulfill all eligibility criteria, the application process involves uploading certain documents onto the official website at http://www.aicte-india.org/schemes/students-development-schemes/PG-Scholarship-Scheme
- Step 1: Get the institute ID and student ID from the institute.
- Step 2: Now Provide the necessary details to validate student ID.
- Step 3: Fill in the application form for PG Scholarship GATE/GPAT.
- Step 4: Upload the required documents to the portal in PDF format only.
- Step 5: Click on “Submit Application” after completing all the steps.
Note: Institution shall have to complete the student’s data verification before 30th September 2022.
Documents Required for GATE Scholarship
List of documents to be uploaded:
- GATE or GPAT scorecard
- Bank Passbook showing the details of the candidates
- Aadhar card
- Caste certificate
- OBC candidates must upload a copy of the NCL – noncreamy layer certificate. To ensure that the certificate is not more than a year old.
For 2022, the admission process has ended; the next tentative session will begin from 2023 December.
GATE Scholarship – Important Guidelines & Eligibility Criteria
Gate scholarship scheme is meant to provide financial support for students who have qualified GATE/ GPAT and are admitted to AICTE approved programs such as Master of Engineering, Master of Architecture, Master of Technology, and Master of Pharmacy at AICTE approved institutions.
- The scholarship is eligible to students who are admitted in any of the aforementioned courses with a valid GPAT or GATE score at the time of admission. Students qualifying the above exams AFTER the date of admission are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing part-time courses are not eligible for GATE scholarship.
- Candidates receiving the scholarship are subjected to a condition that they do not receive any other financial aids in the form of other scholarships, stipend, salary or any other emoluments from another source during the course of their study.
- GATE scholarships are not applicable to foreign students, candidates admitted through management quota and sponsored candidates.
- Every PG student must undertake 8 – 10 hours of work per week related to research activities, teaching or any other activities assigned by the student’s respective institute.
- The scholarship is awarded on a monthly basis subject to academic performance & adherence to the university rules.
- Students who are taking admission for the second time (for requalifying GATE or GPAT exams) and have availed the scholarship from AICTE or other centrally funded institutions are not eligible for the GATE scholarship.
- The tenure of the scholarship is 24 months, or the duration of the course – from the date of commencement of classes to the date of completion of the classes, whichever is lower. The tenure of the scholarship cannot be extended in any case.
- The student will be required to provide an undertaking stating that they will not abandon the course midway. In case a student leaves the course midway, they will be required to refund the amount of the scholarship drawn at till the time of leaving the course.
- The scholarship may be discontinued if the student is found to have indulged in any malpractice, misbehavior or ragging.
- Bank account name and the candidates’ name should be identical
- Joint accounts are not entertained
- Students must possess a general savings account. (No frills/ minor account will be rejected)
- IF authentic certificates relating to caste/ physical handicap are not provided by students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and physically handicapped candidates, they will not be eligible for GATE scholarship.
GATE Fellowship for Ph.D./M.Tech
GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and SRF (Senior Research Fellowship) in CSIR, DST, DBT, ICMR, DRDO, ISRO, IIS and in the following institutes-
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore Campus
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
- Central Power Research Institute
- Institute for Plasma Research
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR)
- Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
- Raman Research Institute
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Central Inland Capture Fisheries Research Institute
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- Regional Research Laboratory Indian Statistical Institute
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Forest Research Institute
- Indian School of Mines, Jharkhand
FAQ’s on GATE Scholarship
Can I use my parent’s account for receiving the scholarship?
No. The scholarship requires the candidate to have their own account. Moreover, the account name and candidate’s name must match.
Can I avail of the scholarship for a part-time PG course?
No, the scholarship is available only to students pursuing full-time PG courses.
Is the Aadhaar card mandatory for the application process?
Yes, the Aadhaar card is mandatory.
What is the GATE scholarship amount?
M.Tech students are awarded INR 12,400 per month, while Ph.D. students are awarded INR 25,000 per month.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.