Medhabruti Scholarship 2019-2020: e-Medhabruti, an ideal scholarship scheme of Government of Odisha, to encourage and motivate brilliant students of Odisha prosecuting higher studies in the field of General, Technical and Professional education, the Government of Odisha is awarding different scholarships every year through Higher Education Department on merit-cum-means basis. This scheme is also called an e-Medhabruti scheme.
Commenced to financially assist the exemplary and needy students, Medhabruti boosts and motivates students to seek higher education in the fields of general, technical and professional education. This scholarship can be availed by the students who are the citizens of Odisha and are studying in class 11 to postgraduation. A total of 24,500 scholarships are distributed every year under the e-Medhabruti scholarship scheme at the rate of up to INR 10,000. e-Medhabruti renewal last date 2020 is 15th February 2020.
E Medhabruti Scholarship 2020 Details
|Provided by||Government of Odisha|
|Scholarship Name||E Medhabruti Scholarship|
|Eligible For||Students Of Odisha|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Purpose Of Scheme||To provide the financial Assistance for the Odisha Students.|
List of e-Medhabruti Scholarships List
There are four types of scholarships that come under Medhabruti. They are Junior Merit, Senior Merit, PG Merit and Technical and Professional Merit scholarships which provide requirements of students seeking general courses, technical and professional courses. Find the list of scholarships here, that are distributed among qualified students who are seeking financial support under Medhabruti scholarship scheme.
|Name of the Scholarships||Number of Scholarships||Time-period of Scholarships|
|Junior Merit Scholarship||10,000 (disbursed among boys and girls with the ratio of 50:50)||2 years|
|Senior Merit Scholarship||3,000 (disbursed among boys and girls with the ratio of 50:50)||3 years|
|PG Merit Scholarship||1,500 (disbursed among boys and girls with the ratio of 50:50)||2 years|
|Technical & Professional Merit Scholarships||10,000 (stream-wise distribution among students)||As per the course|
e-Medhabruti Important Dates
These scholarships are declared every year but the time of the application changes from year-to-year. If you want to apply for e-Medhabruti scholarships this year, check the Medhabruti Scholarship 2019 Date:
|Start of New Application||1st November 2019|
|e Medhaburthi 2019 Last Date to Apply||31st December 2019|
|Online Validation of Fresh & Renewal Applications||November 2019|
|Online Validation for Fresh PG/ Technical & Professional merit extended date||31st January 2020|
|Online Validation for Renewal by Principles / Head of Institutions||15th February 2020|
e-Medhabruti Scholarship Rewards
The students picked for the scholarships are provided financial support to meet the cost of their higher education. The scholarship money is directly transferred into their bank account by DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) by the Higher Education Department. All a student wants to do is to have an active and valid bank account in their name in any nationalized bank which has Electronic Clearing System (ECS) or Core Banking facility. The details of the scholarship reward are given below.
|Category of merit||No. of scholarship||Rate of scholarship per year||Duration of scholarship|
(Boys: Girls – 50:50 ratio)
(Boys: Girls – 50:50 ratio)
(Boys: Girls – 50:50 ratio)
|Technical/Professional||10000||10000/-||As per course duration|
e-Medhabruti Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
For each scholarship under the e-Medhabruti Scheme, there are eligibility criteria. Students who want to apply for this scholarship, should the requirements before applying for it.
|Junior Merit Scholarship||The student must have passed 10+2 or HSC with 60% or more marks from a recognized institute.
Students must be pursuing regular +2 courses of 10+2 pattern.
|Senior Merit Scholarship||The student must have passed +2 of CHSE, Odisha/Class 12th or equivalent exam with 60%or more marks from a recognized institute.
The student must be studying a regular degree course/ +3 course from any recognized college/ institution/university.
|PG Merit Scholarship||The student must have passed a +3 degree or equivalent exam with 60% from a recognized institute or university.
The student must be studying a regular course in one of the disciplines mentioned above in any recognized college/ institution/ university.
|Technical & Professional Merit Scholarships||Students must have passed +2 of CHSE/CBSE/ICSE/ Equivalent exam or +3 degree/equivalent 3 year course (only for MBA/MCA/MFC/MSW) with at least 60% marks from a recognised institute.
The student must be studying a regular technical & professional in one of the fields mentioned above in any college/ institution/ university recognized by the respective regulatory bodies.
Note: The parental income should not exceed Rs. 6 lakhs.
Students who are Not-eligible for e-Medhabruti Scholarship
- Whose family income is more than Rs. 6 lakh per annum.
- Who are pursuing higher studies through distance or open learning/correspondence
- Who are availing scholarship from any other state
- Who are pursuing diploma courses are not eligible for Technical/Professional Scholarship.
- M.Phil., Ph.D., B.Ed., and M.Ed. students are not eligible for PG or Technical and Professional scholarships.
- NRI students
List of Technical Courses Under e-Medhabruti
- Engineering & Architecture
- Veterinary Science
- Agriculture Science
- Agriculture Engineering
- Forestry Science
- Fishery Science
- Home Science
- B.Sc. (Nursing)
- Bachelor in Homeopathy
- Bachelor in Ayurvedic
- 5-year Integrated Law
- Hotel & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy
- 5 years of Integrated MBA
- 5 years Integrated MCA
- Other Technical/Professional Courses
- Master in Financial Control (MFC)
- 3 Year BCA
- 2 Year MCA
- 2 Year PGDM
e-Medhabruti Application Procedure
Candidates who are eligible and interested in this scheme can apply through the official website of the Medhabruti organization. To apply, follow the given steps below:
- Visit the official website, medhabruti.org.
- Click on the Application for the Medhabruti link on the right side of the screen and choose the type of scholarship according to your eligibility.
- Fill your details as per asked in the form, such as name, address, contact number, signature, etc.
- Fill your bank account details carefully where the scholarship amount will be credited.
- Take the two print out of application form and sign one of them submit it to the principal of institution and keep the other copy with yourself for future reference.
- The principal must send it further to the office of the Higher Education Department.
Documents Required for e-Medhabruti Scholarship
The candidates who like to apply for the scholarships require to keep with them the scanned copies of some important documents. These documents are uploaded online on the gateway while filling the Medhabruti scholarship application form. Find below the list of key documents to be uploaded:
- A copy of the residence certificate issued by the accountable authority such as Tahasildar/Addl. Tahasildar
- Citizen proof issued by the organization if the applicant’s parents are employees of Odisha State Govt.
- Income certificate issued by the Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tahasildar/Addl. Tahasildar
- Marksheets and certificate of last qualifying exam as required by the different categories of scholarships
- The first page of applicant’s bank account passbook containing the account number and IFSC
e-Medhabruti Scholarship Selection Procedure
The applicants applying for Medhabruti scholarships are selected based on their marks scored in the qualifying exam and family annual income. Given below are some factors that are examined while selecting a student for the distribution of the scholarship. The Medhabruti Selection list will be displayed online.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements as designated in the different divisions of merit.
- The student record must be certified/authenticated online by the Principal of the respective college/institute.
- The candidate’s marks in the last qualifying exam are also analyzed during the selection process.
- In case of a tie in the marks under a particular type of scholarship, a student’s annual family income is considered, in which the student with lower family income is given preference.
e-Medhabruti Important Points to Remember
Candidates must adhere to certain rules and regulations while applying for the scholarship.
- The scholarships are distributed among boys and girls in a 50:50 ratio.
- Avoid multiple registrations/ applications for a special category of merit scholarships as it would drive to the dismissal of the scholarship application form.
- Wrong data or documentation at any stage of authentication can head to the cancellation of the scholarship.
- The candidates are suggested to keep a copy of the filled application form for future reference.
- The applications which are not approved/authenticated by the institute are treated as ‘invalid’
e-Medhabruti Contact Details
Department of Higher Education Government of Odisha
The Deputy Secretary (Scholarship)
Higher Education Department
Odisha Secretariat, Bhubaneswar- 751001
e-Medhabruti Helpline Number: +91 674 2396550
Email Id: [email protected]
FAQ’s on e-Medhabruti 2020
What is the e-Medhabruti Scheme?
e-Medhabruti Scholarship is a scheme originated by the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Odisha for the unique and meritorious students, to financially assist the meritorious and needy students and motivate them to pursue higher education in the fields of general, technical and professional education.
How to apply for e-Medhabruti?
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the application link
- Fill the required details
- Upload the scanned copies
- And submit your bank account details
- Take the printout and put your signature
- Get your parent’s and principal signature before posting it.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Orissa resident
- Family income not more than 6 lakh per annum.
- 60% marks in the last qualifying exam.
- Should apply for the scholarship only in the first year of joining
What is the reward amount granted?
The e-Medhabruti scholarship reward is given as per:
|Junior Merit Scholarship||Rs.3000/-|
|Senior Merit Scholarship||Rs.5000/-|
|PG Merit Scholarship||Rs.10,000/-|
|Technical & Professional Merit Scholarships||Rs.10,000/-|
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.