E Grantz Scholarship 2019: E Grantz is an Online Centralised System for Disbursement of Scholarships/Schemes for all Pre-matric and Post-matric Students of SC, ST & OBC community in the state of Kerala. The portal permits the students who belong to reserved classes or categories so that they can apply online for the scholarships open at the post-matriculation level.
The recipients of any educational support scheme have to first enroll by giving their basic details such as Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, Mobile Number, Bank Account details and Aadhar Number. Through a single registration, the system could uniquely identify a student and this basic detail shall be used for the disbursement of educational assistance throughout the period of education under various schemes. The financial assistance reaches the student’s bank account through Direct Beneficiary Transfer (DBT).
Also, if any student is incapable of submitting the online application, the portal provides the facility for the institutions to submit the application on a student’s behalf. In the past years, the portal has served over 3 Lakh students pursuing education across 3400+ institutions in Kerala. Yet, with the introduction of its new version called E-Grantz 3.0, it is supposed to change the lives of many more meritorious students.
Read the complete article to find the complete details of E Grantz scholarship, eligibility criteria, application procedure, stipend amount, application status and contact details.
E Grantz Scholarship
The E-Grantz gateway only lists post-matric scholarship for the scholars belonging to SC, OBC, OEC and other economically or socially backward classes. The expense of financial help, given to students within these schemes alters based on an individual category and current educational qualification. Besides, with the help of this exceptional platform, the chosen students receive the scholarship reward directly into their bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
E Grantz Benefits
|Scheduled Castes and other eligible Communities||Lumpsum grant, Monthly stipend (day scholars) ABLC + Pocket Money (hostellers) Reimbursement of Tuition Fee, Special fee and examination fee in full without an income limit.|
|OBCs||For +1 and +2 Monthly stipend, reimbursement of special fee and exam fee subject to the income limit|
|For Degree Courses: Reimbursement of tuition fee, special fee and exam fee subject to the income limit.|
|For PG and Professional courses: Lumpsum grant, monthly stipend, Reimbursement of tuition fee, special fee and exam subject to the income limit|
|Others||For +1 and +2 Reimbursement of special fee and exam fee, subject to the income limit|
|For degree courses: Reimbursement of tuition fee, Special fee and exam fee subject to the income limitations.|
|For PG and Professional Courses: Lumpsum grant, monthly stipend, reimbursement of tuition fee, special fee and exam fee subject to the income limitations.|
- The fee is sanctioned once in an Academic year and paid to the institution’s Account.
- LSG is sanctioned once in a year, stipend and mess Charges are sanctioned are credited to a student’s bank account.
E Grantz Eligibility Criteria
The scholarships/schemes given on the E-Grantz portal have a pre-defined set of eligibility requirements that students need to fulfill before applying for it. These criteria are essentially based on your current educational qualification, residence, the class to which you belong and family earnings. The highlights below show the complete eligibility conditions for the E Grantz scholarships. Depending on the accomplishment of these conditions, students can move ahead and apply for the same.
- Students pursuing post-matric courses approved by the university/board
- Students admitted under merit and reservation quota
- Students should be a domicile of Kerala
- Students who belong to the categories of Scheduled castes, other eligible communities, OBCs and other communities who are socially and economically backward including forward castes.
- Students whose attendance is not below 75% at the end of each month
- For students belonging to SC and OECs, there is no income limit.
- OBC category: for +2, degree courses and PG and professional courses the income limit is Rs.100000/- ( 1 Lakh).
- Other Category: for +2, degree courses and PG and professional courses the income limit is Rs.100000/- ( 1 Lakh).
E Grantz Application Process
The application can be submitted online by students themselves using the menu provided in the e-Grantz home page. Students can also submit applications online through Akshaya e-centers elsewhere in the state. The Akshaya centers will supply a print out of the online application.
The services in the Akshaya centers are free. The print out of the application submitted online along with certificates to prove caste, income and mark lists of qualifying examination etc shall be submitted to the head of the institution within a week of admission. Students who undergo a subsequent year of a course need not submit applications. Follow the steps to apply:
- Visit the E-Grantz 3.0 portal.
- Click on the “One-Time Registration” button.
- Provide your Aadhaar number and name (as on Aadhaar).
- Click on “Validate Aadhaar”.
- Fill in the mandatory details such as mobile number, birth date, email id, and password.
- Click on “Register”.
- After the successful registration, the students need to log in to the user dashboard by using the registered email id and password.
- After login, the students are required to complete their profile.
- Fill in all required details stated in the five sections namely, basic details, other details, bank details, upload details, and institution details.
- After completing the profile, the students are asked to click on “Apply for Scholarships – Post-Matric”. A list of scholarships for which the students are eligible to apply will appear.
- Select the scholarship you want to apply for and start the application. Fill in all the required details. Upload all supporting documents.
- Finally, submit the application form.
E Grantz Stipend/Rewards
For Scheduled Castes and OEC’s
|Below 8kms from residence||Rs.630/-|
|Above 8 kms||RS 750/-|
|Students undergoing professional courses and reside at their own due or lack of hostel facility||Rs.1500/-|
|Undergoing +2 course||Rs.160/-|
Undergoing PG and Professional courses
Note: For others undergoing PG and professional courses and polytechnic Courses the same as in the case of SEBC.
E Grantz Application Status
The gateway not only notifies the students to apply for the scholarships but also allows them to check their real-time application status online. To check the status of your scholarship application at E-Grantz, the steps to be followed are;
- Visit the E-Grantz 3.0 portal.
- Click on “Track Application”.
- Submit your Aadhaar number and the date of birth.
- The details will appear on the screen.
E Grantz Contact Details
Directorate Of Scheduled Castes Development
Nandhavanam, Vikasbhavan P.O.
E-mail: [email protected]
Toll-free number: 1800 425 2312
FAQ’s on E-Grantz Scholarship
What is e-Grantz?
E-Grantz is an online centralized system for Disbursement of Scholarships/Schemes for all Pre-matric and Post-matric Students of SC, ST& OBC community in the state of Kerala. It provides provision for making online application, processing, and sanction of educational assistance.
What is the e-Grantz Scholarship?
E-Grantz scholarship is a scheme provided for Pre-matric and Post-matric students of SC, ST and OBC categories by Kerala Government.
What are the eligibility conditions required for e-Grantz?
Students who are pursuing post matric courses approved by university or board
Students who belong to SC/ST/OBC
Students whose attendance is not more than 75%.
What is the Time limit to apply for the e-Grantz scholarship?
Applications in online and hard copy along with required certificates shall be submitted within a week positively of securing admission to a course.
How to apply for the e-Grantz scholarship?
The application can be submitted online by students themselves using the menu provided in the e-Grantz home page. Students can also submit applications online through Akshaya e-centers elsewhere in the state. The Akshaya centers will supply a print out of the online application. The services in the Akshaya centers are free. The print out of the application submitted online along with certificates to prove caste, income and mark lists of qualifying examination etc shall be submitted to the head of the institution within a week of admission. Students who undergo a subsequent year of a course need not submit applications.