Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana 2019-2020: Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana is a scholarship offered by the Department of Posts, Government of India. SPARSH is an abbreviation for Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby.
The scholarship is primarily meant to ignite interest in philately Scholarship Scheme – the study and collection of postage stamps. Students from class 6 to class 9 are eligible to avail of the scholarship. Though Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana promotes philately, it is meant to supplement the academic curriculum and provide an outlet for students to destress and relax. Read on to explore the eligibility criteria, application process and more.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the following criteria to be deemed eligible.
- Must be a student between class 6 to class 9 from any recognized school in India
- Must be a member of the Philately Club in their respective school or have a philately deposit account.
- Must possess a good and consistent academic record.
- Must have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent in their most recent final examination (at the time of selection).
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Eligibility Criteria Details
|Class/Age||Class 6 to 9|
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Award
- Successful candidates will receive a scholarship amount of INR 6,000 (INR 500 per month).
- 920 scholarships will be awarded to students at PAN India level for pursuing philately as a hobby.
- Maximum 40 scholarships will be given to 10 students each from standard 6 to 9 from every postal circle.
- The scholarship amount will be disbursed quarterly to regular students studying in class 6 to 9 in a recognized school.
- The amount of the scholarship would be Rs. 6000 per annum that is Rs. 500 per month.
Note: only a maximum of 10 students from each class will be selected from a grand total of 40 candidates.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Important Dates
|Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Application Begin||July 2020|
|Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Application Ends||August 2020|
|Philately Written Quiz Date||latest by 22 September 2020|
|Submit Philately Final Project||latest by 25 October 2020|
|Philately Written Quiz Result||November 2020|
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Application Process
Interested candidates must download the application form from here:
- Download the Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Scholarship Form.
- Click here to download.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Fill the prescribed details in either English or Hindi.
- Submit the application to the concerned Divisional head by Registered/Speed post or in-hand.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Selection Process & Selection Criteria
The selection process is two-tiered:
- 1st Level: Philately is Written Quiz – A written quiz of 60 minutes will be conducted by the postal authorities at the regional level. There will be 50 questions from various subjects such as sports, history, science, geography, culture, and philately.
- 2nd Level: Philately Project – Students who successfully cleared their written quiz must submit a philately project. The project must be:
- Not more than 500 words
- Not more than 4-5 pages
- Not have more than 16 stamps
The students will have to submit the same within 15 days.
Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana Quiz Pattern, Syllabus, Questions
- Question Paper Format: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- No. of Questions: 50
- Syllabus: The question paper of the Philately Written Exam is based on the following subject: Current Affair, History, Science, Sports, Culture, Geography and Philately (local & national).
- No Negative Marking
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Terms and Conditions
- Awardees must continue their practice of Philately Deposit Account for the tenure of the scholarship.
- The scholarship amount will be transferred to the joint account of the awardees (with parents) in the Post Office Savings Bank, or India Post Payment Bank.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Contact Details
Department of Posts
Ministry of Communications
Government of India
Email: [email protected]
Phone No: 011- 23096020, 23096211
|Andhra Pradesh||0866-2429802||[email protected]|
|Bihar||0612-2225019, 2225571||[email protected]|
|Chhattisgarh||0771-2534194, 2272700||[email protected]|
|Haryana||0171-2603424, 2688404||[email protected]|
|Himachal Pradesh||0177, 2629001, 2629540||[email protected]|
|Jammu & Kashmir||0191-2479361||[email protected]|
|Karnataka||080-22258790, 25719047||[email protected]|
|Madhya Pradesh||0755-2550624, 2423879||[email protected]|
|North Eastern||0364-2224922||[email protected]|
|Odisha||0674-2391426, 2391420||[email protected]|
|Punjab||0172-2704813, 2652040||[email protected]|
|Rajasthan||0141-2376470, 2370330||[email protected]|
|Tamil Nadu||044-28520241, 42837071||[email protected]|
|Uttar Pradesh||0522-2614488||[email protected]|
|Uttarakhand||0135-2658806, 2650477||[email protected]|
|West Bengal||033-22120139||[email protected]|
FAQ’s on Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana
What is the official website for Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana?
Interested candidates will find more information about the scholarship on https://www.indiapost.gov.in/Philately/Pages/Content/Deen-Dayal-SPARSH-Yojana.aspx
When is the last date to submit the application?
July 2020 (tentative)
Where is the link to download the application form?
Candidates can download the application form from the above link.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.