Free PDF Download of CBSE Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 8 The d-and f-Block Elements. Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 Chapter Wise with Answers PDF Download was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 12 Chemistry The d-and f-Block Elements MCQs Pdf with Answers to know their preparation level.
The d-and f-Block Elements Class 12 Chemistry MCQs Pdf
1. Transistion metals, despite high E° oxidation, are poor reducing agents. The incorrect reason is
(a) high heat of vaporization.
(b) high ionization energies.
(c) low heats of hydration.
(d) complex forming nature.
2. Which of the following has magnetic moment value of 5.9?
3. Anomalous electronic configuration in the 3d series are of
(a) Cr and Fe
(b) Cu and Zn
(c) Fe and Cu
(d) Cr and Cu
4. Which of the following are d-block elements but not regarded as transistion elements?
(a) Cu, Ag, Au
(b) Zn, Cd, Hg
(c) Fe, Co, Ni
(d) Ru, Rh, Pd
5. CuSO4. 5H2O is blue is colour because
(a) It contains water of crystallization.
(b) SO42- ions absorb red light.
(c) Cu2+ ions absorb orange red light.
(d) Cu2+ ions absorb all colours except red from the white light.
6. Transistion elements form alloys easily because they have
(a) Same atomic number
(b) Same electronic configuration
(c) Nearly same atomic size
(d) None of the above
7. Which one of the following characteristics of the transistion metals is associated with higher catalytic activity?
(a) High enthalpy of atomisation
(b) Paramagnetic behaviour
(c) Colour of hydrate ions
(d) Variable oxidation states
8. Which of the following has the maximum number of unpaired electrons?
9. The property which is not characteristic of transistion metals is
(a) variable oxidation states.
(b) tendency to form complexes.
(c) formation of coloured compounds.
(d) natural radioactivity.
10. Which of the following is incorrect for KMnO4 to be used as an oxidising agent?
(a) HCl cannot be used because some KMnO4 is consumed in the reaction.
(b) Nitric acid is not used for the above purpose because it itself acts as a self oxidising agent and will react with the reducing agent.
(c) The equivalent weight of KMnO4 in basic medium is 158.
(d) The number of electrons involved in oxidation of KMnO4 in acidic medium is 3.
We hope the given Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 8 The d-and f-Block Elements will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 12 Chemistry The d-and f-Block Elements MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.