Free PDF Download of CBSE Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 7 The p-Block Elements. Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 Chapter Wise with Answers PDF Download was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 12 Chemistry The p-Block Elements MCQs Pdf with Answers to know their preparation level.
The p-Block Elements Class 12 Chemistry MCQs Pdf
1. H2S is more acidic than H2O because
(a) oxygen is more electronegative than sulphur.
(b) atomic number of sulphur is higher than oxygen.
(c) H — S bond dissociation energy is less as compared to H — O bond.
(d) H — O bond dissociation energy is less also compared to H — S bond.
2. The boiling points of hydrides of group 16 are in the order
(a) H2O > H2Te > H2S > H2Se
(b) H2O > H2S > H2Se > H2Te
(c) H2O > H2Te > H2Se > H2S
(d) None of these
3. In the manufacture of sulphuric acid by contact process Tyndall box is used to
(a) convert SO2 and SO3
(b) test the presence of dust particles
(c) filter dust particles
(d) remove impurities
4. Fluorine differs from rest of the halogens in some of its properties. This is due to
(a) its smaller size and high electronegativity.
(b) lack of d-orbitals.
(c) low bond dissociation energy.
(d) All of the these.
5. The set with correct order of acidity is
(a) HClO < HClO2 < HClO3 < HClO4
(b) HClO4 < HClO3 < HClO2 < HClO
(c) HClO < HClO4 < HClO3 < HClO2
(d) HClO4 < HClO2 < HClO3 < HClO
6. When chlorine reacts with cold and dilute solution of sodium hydroxide, it forms
(a) Cl– and ClO–
(b) Cl– and ClO2–
(c) Cl– and ClO3–
(d) Cl– and ClO4–
7. The formation of O2+ [PtF6]– is the basis for the formation of first xenon compound. This is because
(a) O2 and Xe have different sizes.
(b) both O2 and Xe are gases.
(c) O2 and Xe have comparable electro-negativities.
(d) O2 and Xe have comparable ionisation enthalpies.
8. Partial hydrolysis of XeF4 gives
9. Helium is preferred to be used in balloons instead of hydrogen because it is
(b) lighter than hydrogen
(c) more abundant than hydrogen
(d) non polarizable
10. The increasing order of reducing power of the halogen acids is
(a) HF < HCl < HBr < HI
(b) HI < HBr < HCl < HF
(c) HBr < HCl < HF < HI
(d) HCl < HBr < HF < HI
We hope the given Chemistry MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter 7 The p-Block Elements will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 12 Chemistry The p-Block Elements MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.