CBSE Sample Papers for Pre-Mid Term Exam Class 10 Social Science – Paper 2
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
Sample Paper 2
1.A When did the French Revolution begin? 
1. B How was the maritime silk route useful for Vietnam? 
2. Name two prominent leaders of the Khilafat Movement. 
3. What is a ubiquitous resource? 
4. Name a conventional source of energy. 
5. On which river is Sardar Sarovar dam built? 
6. Which two languages are mainly spoken in Belgium? 
7. Which organisation publishes Human Development Report? 
8.A How did the French Revolution affect other parts of Europe? 
8.B Describe the major protest which erupted in Saigon Native Girls School.
9. Why did Mahatma Gandhi decide to launch a nationwide struggle or Satyagraha against the Rowlatt Act? Explain any three reasons. 
10. Explain the importance of conservation of resources. 
11. Explain any three steps that can be taken to solve the problem of land degradation. 
12. What do you mean by rainwater harvesting? 
13. Explain two reasons why power sharing is desirable. 
14. Explain how Belgium was able to solve her ethnic problem. 
15. Explain the role of judiciary in implementing federalism. 
16. What are the three components of Human Development Index (HDI)? Explain. 
17. Why are public facilities needed for the development of the country? Explain three points. 
18. What is development? What are the two aspects of development? 
19. A Describe the process of unification of Germany. 
19.B Describe the major problems in the field of education for the French in Vietnam.
20. “Nationalism spreads when the people begin to believe that they are all part of the same nation.”Support the statement. 
21. List any three disadvantages and two advantages of multipurpose river projects. 
22. Bring out the main features of the Belgian model of governance. 
23. Analyse the disadvantages of decentralization. 
24. “For development people look at a mix of goals.” How? Explain with suitable examples. 
25. How can more jobs be created in the field of education? Explain with examples. 
26. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India. [½+ ½= 1]
27. Two features A and B are marked on the given outline political map of India. Identify these features with the help of given information and write their correct names on the lines marked in the map. [½+ ½= 1]
(A) The place where Congress session was held in 1927.
(B) The place where Congress session was held in September 1920.
28. Locate and label the following on the given map of India.
(i) River Narmada
(ii) Sardar Sarovar Dam
Note : The following questions are for the blind candidates only in lieu of question numbers 26, 27 and 28. 
(28.1) Name the place where Pooma Swaraj resolution was passed.
(28.2) Name the place where Jallianwala Bagh massacre took place.
(28.3) Name a state of alluvial soil.
(28.4) Where is Sardar Sarovar dam located?
(28.5) Which river is called as Dakshin Ganga?
CBSE Sample PapersClass 10 MathsScienceSocial ScienceSanskritEnglishComputer ScienceHindi