CBSE Sample Papers for Post-Mid Term Exam Class 10 Social Science – Paper 2
Sample Paper 2
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
1.A Who published the ‘Sambad Kaumudi’? 
1.B Who wrote the novel ‘Oliver Twist’?
2. Which city has emerged as the electronic capital of India? 
3. What is an industry? 
4. Which is the longest highway of India? 
5. When was the first railway line of India started? 
6. Who was the founder of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)? 
7. Name a slogan related with welfare of consumers. 
8.A What were the difficulties faced by manuscripts in India? 
8.B Mention three characteristics of early Hindi novels.
9.A Explain the main features of the first printed Bible? 
9.B Describe any three features of Bengali novels of the 19th Century.
10.A How did print introduce debate and discussion? Explain any three points. 
10.B Assess the contribution of Premchand towards Hindi novels.
11. Describe various methods of rainwater harvesting in India. 
12. Explain three major problems faced by Indian railways. 
13 ‘No system is ideal for all countries and all situations.’ Explain. 
14. Explain how can democracy accommodate diversity? 
15. Explain three foundational challenges faced by democracy. 
16. Describe the impact of globalisation on the lives of consumers. 
17. “In spite of numerous benefits, there are many problems that globalisation still faces.” Support the statement. 
18. Highlight any three duties of consumers. 
19.A Describe the progress of print in Japan. 
19.B Discuss how the novel affected women readers.
20.A Describe how print culture led to rise of nationalism in India in the 19th Century. 
20.B Discuss the main features of the novels of Thomas Hardy.
21. Explain the importance of textile industry in India. 
22. Discuss the merits and de-merits of two-party system. 
23. Examine the effect of communalism on politics. 
24. Describe any four functions of Reserve Bank of India. 
25. Explain the factors which gave birth to the consumer movement in India. 
26. On the given outline political map of India, locate and label the following. [½ + ½ = 1 ]
(i) Salem (ii) Surat
27. Two features A and B are marked on the given outline political map of India. Identify these features with the help of given information and write their correct names on the lines marked in the map. [½ + ½ = 1 ]
(A) An iron & steel plant of Odisha
(B) A software technology park of Andhra Pradesh
28. Locate and label the following features on the given outline political map of India.
(i) Tuticorin Port
(iii) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
Note : The following questions are for the blind candidates only in lieu of question numbers 26, 27 and 28. 
(28.1) Name a cotton textile centre of Uttar Pradesh.
(28.2) Name a software technology park of Andhra Pradesh.
(28.3) Name a port in Tamil Nadu.
(28.4) In which state is Rourkela steel plant located?
(28. 5) Where is Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport located?