CBSE Sample Papers for Mid Term Exam Class 10 Social Science – Paper 2
Strictly based on the Remodelled Scheme of Assessment, the Latest Syllabus and Design of the Question Paper released by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi effective from academic year 2017-18.
SAMPLE PAPER 2
1.A Which was the fabled city of gold? 
1.B Who set up the first Indian jute mill in Calcutta (Kolkata) and when?
2. What is mixed farming? 
3. What is sericulture? 
4. Where is the largest solar plant located in India? 
5. What are petrochemicals? 
6. How do social differences originate? [1 ]
7. Name the two sectors on the basis of ownership of enterprises. 
8.A Which were the chief colonial powers in the 19th century? Give examples with their colonies. 
8.B Name any two earliest Indian entrepreneurs. Explain their contribution.
8.C Who was William Hornby? Explain his contribution.
9.A Who were the earliest colonisers of America? How did they colonise? 
9.B Who was a gomastha? Explain his job.
9.C What do you mean by chawls?
10.A When was the indentured labour system abolished? Why? 
10.B What do you understand by the term Industrial Revolution?
10.C Explain the problems associated with migrant population in London.
11. What are millets? Why are they considered important food crops in India? 
12. ‘Energy saved is energy produced.’Justify. 
13. When does a social difference become a social division? 
14. What is the main difference between a federal form of government and a unitary one? 
15. Do you agree with the view that casteism has not disappeared from Indian society? 
16. Distinguish between public sector and private sector. 
17. Explain the three main aims of MNREGA. 
18. What are various sources of income of banks? 
19.A Discuss why the Europeans were motivated to establish colonies? 
19.B Explain the miserable conditions of Indian weavers during the East India Company’s regime in the 18th century.
19.C Describe how industrialisation changed the social status of women.
20.A How is culture a great agent of globalisation? Explain. 
20.B How did the Industrial Revolution in England affect India’s economy?
20.C How is a large city a threat and an opportunity? Explain.
21. Explain four points of distinction between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy. 
22. Is political expression of social divisions in democracy beneficial? 
23. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of decentralisation. 
24. Distinguish between primary sector and secondary sector by giving four points. 
25. Differentiate between formal and informal sources of credit. 
26. Locate and label the following on the given outline political map of India. [½+ ½ = 1]
27. Two features A and B are marked on the given outline political map of India. Identify these features with the help of given information and write their correct names on the lines marked in the map. [½+ ½ = 1]
(A) Coal mine
(B) One oilfield
28. Locate and label the following items on the given outline political map of India.
Note : The following questions are for the blind candidates only in lieu of question numbers 26, 27 and 28. 
(28.1) Name one major wheat producing state.
(28.2) Name the largest producer state of coffee.
(28.3) Name an iron ore mine in Maharashtra.
(28.4) Name one coal mine in Jharkhand.
(28.5) Where is Kalol oilfield located?
CBSE Sample PapersClass 10 MathsScienceSocial ScienceSanskritEnglishComputer ScienceHindi