CBSE Sample Papers for Class 9 SA2 Maths Solved 2016 Set 8
SECTION – A
Question numbers 1 to 4 carry 1 mark each.
1.In a cricket match, a batsman does not hit a boundary 40 times out of 50 balls he plays, then find the porbability that he hits the boundary.
2.Find the median of the following data :
46, 31, 43. 25, 32, 37, 42, 39. 45
3.Three solid cubes of side 2 cm each are joined to form a cuboid, then find the surface area of new cuboid.
4.If the volume and surface area of a sphere are numerically equal, then find its radius.
SECTION – B
Question numbers 5 to 10 carry 2 marks each.
5.A river 3 m deep and 40 m wide is flowing at the rate of 2 km per hour. How much water will fall into the sea in a minute ?
7. The radius and the height of right circular cone are in the ratio 5:12 and its volume is 314 m3, then find the slant height of the cone.
8. Two cylindrical poles have bases of same size. The diameter of each is 21 cm. One pole is 25 cm high and the other is 50 cm high. Find the ratio of their volume.
9. Show that sum of deviation of the mean from observations 25, 27, 19, 23, 31 and 25 is zero.
10. Ten observations 6, 14, 15, 17, p + 1, 2p – 13, 30, 32, 34, 43 are written in an ascending order. The median of the data is 24. Find the value of p.
SECTION – C
Question numbers 11 to 18 carry 3 marks each.
11.Cards marked with number 2 to 101 are placed in a box and mixed thoroughly. One card is drawn from this box. Find the probability that the number on the card :
(i) Multiple of 5.
(ii) A number which is not perfect square.
(iii) A two digit number whose sum of digits is 9.
16.A hollow cylindrical pipe is 42 cm long. Its outer and inner diameters are 20 cm and 12 cm respectively. Find the volume of the iron used in making the pipe.
17. Find the volume of the largest right circular cone that can be fitted in a cube whose edge is 21 cm.
18. If the mean of the following data is 20.2, find the value of p.
SECTION – D
Question numbers 19 to 28 carry 4 marks each.
21. Rectangle PQEF and parallelogram PQRS have same base PQ and also have equal areas. Show that the perimeter of rectangle is less than that of the parallelogram.
25. A corncob shaped some what like a cone had the radius of its broadest end as 2.1 cm and length (height) as 20 cm. If each 1 cm2 of the surface of the cob carries an average of four grains, find how many grains you would find on the entire cob.
26. A dome of a building is in the form of a hallow hemisphere. From inside it was white washed at the cost of Rs. 498.96. If the cost of white-washing is Rs. 2.00 per m2. Find the volume of the air inside the dome.
27. Draw the histogram and frequency polygon for the following data :
28. A bag contains fifteen cards bearing number 11, 12, 13, 14, …,25. A card is chosen from the bag. Find the probability that it bears :
(i) a prime number
(ii) a number multiple of 5
(iii) a number factor of 20
SECTION – E
Question numbers 29 to 31 carry total of 10 marks based on Open Text Theme provided by CBSE from Linear Equations in Two Variables.