CBSE Class 8 English Message Writing are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English. Here we have given CBSE Class 8 English Message Writing.
CBSE Class 8 English Message Writing
1. Read the following telephone conversation between Mrs Pandit and Shikha. Shikha is about to leave for school within five minutes and her mother is not at home for the moment Write this message on behalf of Shikha.
Shikha: Hello, this is Shikha Gupta. Who is it please?
Mrs Pandit: I am Mrs Pandit speaking from Arya Enclave. I want to speak to your mother urgently.
Shikha: She has just gone out. If there is some message I shall give her.
Mrs Pandit: OK, then. Please tell your mother about me. Mrs Kaushlaya and Mrs Sampat were to come today to your house at 2.30 pm. But they shall not be coming. Ask your mama to reach Mrs Gupta’s house in Green Park at 3 pm ; she knows the address. This is urgent.
Shikha: You needn’t worry, aunt. I shall leave this message on the messages slip before I go to school.
Mrs Pandit: Thank you, dear.
Shikha: You are most welcome.
There was a telephone from Mrs Pandit. Mrs Kaushlaya, Mrs Sampat and Pandit aunty were to come to our house at 2.30 pm today. They are not coming. Mrs Pandit asked me to tell you to reach Mrs Gupta’s house in Green Park today at 3 pm.
2. Read the following telephone conversation between Nitin Gupta and a caller from a hospital. The caller wants to talk to Brij Mohan but he is, at present, not in the office. He will be back only at 4 pm and Nitin will leave office before that. Thinking yourself as Nitin and using the telephone conversation as the subject, write a message for Brij Mohan in not more than 50 words.
Caller: May I speak to Brij Mohan? I have to talk to him urgently.
Nitin: He is not here at present. He has gone out and will come at 4 pm.
Caller: In that case, will you kindly leave a message for him? It is really urgent.
Nitin: Yes, of course. But I am also going out. However, you needn’t worry. I shall leave this message on his ‘table. What’s it?
Caller: All right. Kindly tell him that his mother has met with an accident and she is, at present, in the civil hospital. She has broken her thumb which is in plaster. She, otherwise, is all right. Please tell Brij Mohan to reach the civil hospital alongwith his wife.
Nitin: Oh ! I am sorry to hear it. Please don’t worry. I shall leave the message for him.
Caller: Thank you very much.
There was a telephone call for you in your absence. I am sorry to inform you that your mother is in Civil Hospital. She is with a broken r thumb in plaster. Don’t worry. She is feeling all right. Reach the hospital with your wife.
3. Read the following telephone conversation between Neeraja and Sonwn. Sonum is about to leave home and will not be able to meet Rohit. She leaves a message for him. Write that message, using not more than 50 words.
Neeraja: It is Neeraja here. Sonum, you know India International Trade Fair 2016 is on. I plan to visit it today.
Sonum: Oh ! it is a wonderful idea. But why not make it tomorrow?
Neeraja: No. Tomorrow I am busy. Let’s make it today. Surinder is coming with me. You bring Rohit with you.
Sonum: He is not at home at present. But rest assured, he will be happy to be with us. He had expressed a desire to visit it earlier.
Neeraja: Then it is settled. Please wait for us at Gate No. 3 at 1.30 pm today. In case, you reach earlier, please wait for us. If we reach earlier, we shall look for you.
Sonum: Fine. It shall be all right. We shall reach in time.
Neeraja: All right. Bye till then.
We are visiting India International Trade Fair 2016 today. Neeraja and Surinder shall wait for us at 1.30 pm at Gate No. 3. I shall be back from office at 12 noon to go there. Please wait till then. I shall tell you everything.
4. Write a message to be left at the desk of Anu about a telephone received for her when she was away. Write the message in about’50 words.
Karan: Hello. Is it 23319167? Could I talk to Anu, Annu Malik who works in purchase section?
Receptionist: That’s right. But I’m afraid Anu, Miss Annu Malik has not yet arrived.
Karan: Could you convey to her that her mother is quite serious in Chandigarh and she should leave for Chandigarh immediately? She is in the state of coma.
Receptionist: So sad. Anything else that I must convey.
Karan: Yes, that she should carry sufficient clothes. You never know about a patient in coma. I’m sure you will do this favour. Could you trace her?
Receptionist: Yes. I’ll. I can understand the urgency. I pray for her recovery. Bye. By the way whom was I talking to?
Karan: Karan, Karan Bhatia, her next door neighbour in Chandigarh.
Miss Anu Malik,
A telephone from Karan Bhatia, your neighbour in Chandigarh, came to me. I regret to inform you that your mother is in coma. Reach Chandigarh at once, with sufficient clothes. Your mother is serious. Receptionist
5. Read the following telephone conversation that took place when Rama answered the phone at Future Knowledge Encyclopaedias and Reference books. Write the message that Rama leaves for Mr. Debu using not more than 50 words.
Mr. Murli: Hello, This is Mr. Murli from Madras. May I speak to Mr. Debu please?
Rama: Mr. Debu is not in at the moment. May I take a message for him?
Mr. Murli: Please convey my thanks to him. I have just received the encyclopaedia I ordered. The last payment would reach him tomorrow. I would also like some information on the latest reference books in Geography.
Rama: I’ll make sure he gets that message, Mr. Murli.
Mr. Murli: Thank you.
Mr. Murli telephoned to you from Madras. He wanted to thank you as he has received the encyclopaedia ordered by him. He says that the last payment will reach you by tomorrow. He would also like to get some information on the latest reference books in Geography.
6. You are Mohan Kumar. You have received a telephonic message that your uncle is coming to see you this evening. Your parents are not at home. You are to leave for your school at once. So you have to leave a message for your father informing him that your uncle will arrive at about 6. p.m from Delhi. He will stay only for a couple of hours as he must go to Chandigarh by the train which leaves at 8.30. Write the message in about 50 words.
I have just received a telephone from Uncle Lai. He is coming from Delhi this evening. He intends to spend only two hours with us. He will leave for Chandigarh by 8.30 train.
7. Given below is a telephonic conversation between Ram and Ramesh. Ram stays with his elder brother. After speaking to Ramesh, he writes a message for his elder brother.
Write the message in not more than 50 words.
Ramesh: This is Ramesh from Chandigarh. Can I speak to Mr Gupta? I am a friend of his son, Mohan.
Ram: I am Ram, Mr Gupta’s younger brother. Mr Gupta is not at home. If you have any message, you can give the same to me, if you like.
Ramesh: Yes. Mohan fell from his bike. He has a fracture in his left leg. He is in H.B. Hospital.
Ram: I’ll convey the message.
Mohan’s friend Ramesh called from Chandigarh. He has informed that Mohan has met with an accident. He fell from his bike. He got his left leg fractured. He is in H.B. Hospital.
8. Kalpana informs her son Dharam Pal that she will be returning home late in the evening at about 8 p.m After the office she will go to attend a conference at Malik Hotel. Dharam Pal has to go for his coaching classes. So he decides to leave a message for his father about his mother’s programme. Write his message in not more than 50 words.
I have received an information from dear mother. From office, she has to go to Malik Hotel today. She has to attend a conference there. So she hopes to reach home at about 8 p.m.
Seeta and Radha had the following conversation :
Seeta: Hello ! Is that Radha?
Radha: Yes. Seeta, how are you?
Seeta: Hi ! You see, I came to town only yesterday and must go back tomorrow. Please come to spend some time with me. I am with my aunt at Model Town.
Seeta: How I wish I could reach you right now ! But I am alone at home. Mother is out and she doesn’t have the keys.
Radha: So, how long will you take to come?
Seeta: O.K. I leave the keys with my neighbour and come to you at once.
Seeta does so. But she also leaves a written message for her mother. Write her message.
11.00 a. m.
I am sorry, I have to leave home in your absence. Now, Radha has arrived in town. She is going back tomorrow. She wants to meet me urgently. So I have to go leaving the keys in the neighbourhood. Radha is staying in Model Town. I shall be back at about 7.00 p.m.
Read the following conversation :
Mohini: This is Mohini. Could I speak to Sheela?
Apu: Sorry. Mom is not here presently.
Mohini: Are you her son Apu?
Apu: Yes. Aunt.
Mohini: Please tell your Mom that she is invited to tea at 4 p.m. today at Bulbul Restaurant. Some other friends will also be there. At the party, there will be a talk by the noted writer Arundhati Rai.
Apu: O.K. Anything else?
Mohini: Yes. Please tell your Mom to be punctual. There may not be a seat available if she is late.
Apu has to go out. Write a message on his behalf for his mother.
Your friend Mohini rang in your absence. She has arranged a tea party at Bulbul Restaurant at 4 p.m. today. You are invited and expected to reach in time. The noted writer Arundhati Rai will give a talk. There may not be a seat available, if you are late.
We hope the CBSE Class 8 English Message Writing help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 8 English Message Writing, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.