Azim Premji Fellowship 2019-2020: Azim Premji Fellowship is offered by the Azim Premji Foundation that is a non-profit organization working for achieving quality universal education. Azim Premji Fellowship is an opportunity for professionals who are willing to work for a social change. It aims at providing educational and social sector experience to people from diverse backgrounds. This scholarship is a chance for young explorers in India who have work experience of 4-10 years. By joining the Azim Premji Fellowship Programme the fellows can support teachers teach better and enable the children in the government schools to learn better.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
During the fellowship program, fellows will explore different dimensions of education and gain experience and understand the realities of rural government schools. Selection would be based on the online assessment test that will be held at Bangalore, Delhi, Jaipur, and Lucknow. Candidates who qualify the written test will be called for personal interviews to be held at multiple locations. Interview locations will be communicated at a later point in time. Azim Premji Fellowship Last date application 11th August 2020.
Azim Premji Fellowship Eligibility
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- 4 – 10 years of rich work experience. Candidates with an excellent academic and professional track record are encouraged to apply.
- Degree in any discipline.
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu) is mandatory.
- Candidates need to be below 35 years of age, willing to travel within the district and ready to be posted in the districts we work in.
Azim Premji Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly salary of Rs.35,000. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply.
- Besides salary, Fellows are also covered under different insurances like Health, Life and Accident Insurance.
- Apart from this, Fellows are also eligible for allowances such as Relocation and Housing Deposit Assistance (as per organizational policy).
Azim Premji Fellowship Application Procedure
Candidates have to submit the application for Azim Premji fellowship through online mode only. No other means are available to apply for this scholarship. Follow the steps given below to submit the application form.
- Go to the official portal.
- Click on the link provided for fellowship form https://azimpremjifoundation.org/eform/submit/application-form-associate
- Fill the needed details and upload the necessary documents
- Update your CV (curriculum vitae)
- Mention the location and date for written test
- Submit the form
Documents Needed: Candidates are needed to complete the online Application Form and upload your CV along with it.
Azim Premji Fellowship Selection Procedure
Stage I – Online Application
- the candidate will be needed to fill an online application form. Applications for the Fellowship Programme for 2020-21 are open till 31st July 2020.
- On submitting the online application form, the candidate will receive a reference number. Please make a note of the number for any further communication.
Stage II – Screening
- In case your application is shortlisted at the first stage of screening, the candidate will be needed to fill in a detailed application form.
- After the detailed application form is received, your application will be evaluated.
- If your application is shortlisted post this evaluation, the candidate will be called for the written test.
- In case your application is not shortlisted at this stage, the candidate will receive an email intimation.
Stage III – Written Test
- Post evaluation, if shortlisted, candidates receive an admit card (online) to appear for the written test.
- the candidate will be scheduled for the written test as per your preference of date and test center have given while filling the Application form. However, we may need to use discretion due to logistical reasons.
- Kindly ensure that the candidate carries a copy of your admit card and valid government ID proof to the test center.
- If a candidate is shortlisted from the written test candidate will be asked to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP). An email asking for an SOP with a deadline will be sent to the candidate.
Stage IV – Presentation and Interviews
- the candidate will be called for the interview if the candidate clears the evaluation of the written test and Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- During the personal interview, the candidate will be needed to make a 10-15 minute presentation to the interview panel on any social issue that concerns candidates the most. candidate can use Chart Paper/PPT or any other medium that candidates are most comfortable with to make the presentation.
- This will be followed by a discussion and if the shortlisted candidate will go to the final round of interviews.
Stage V – Announcing of Final shortlists and Offer
- We will communicate a final shortlist of Fellows within 15 days after completion of the interview process. The result will be communicated through email.
- The offer process will take 2 weeks post announcement of the shortlist.
- On successful completion of the process, the candidate will receive an offer letter through email and the hardcopy at the time of joining.
Note: Please provide the valid email id and contact number while applying and ensure that the candidate keeps checking your emails as well as messages regularly. All communication will be over email.
About Azim Premji Fellowship Foundation
- The Foundation offers a unique opportunity to combine professional growth with social commitment and purpose.
- You will be engaging with a talent pool of passionate and highly qualified members.
- Experience an environment of high diversity where people from different backgrounds, cultures, and domains of expertise are united by a common purpose.
- Indulge in a culture of learning reading, reflecting and engaging with ideas in education and development.
- We believe building knowledge through research is critical but this must be deeply rooted in practical ground realities for applicability. We provide the opportunity to apply theoretical principles in the practical testbed.
- Working on the ground is a value for us we also believe in theorizing the practices. Creating knowledge out of work is something our members live day in and day out.
Azim Premji Fellowship Contact Information
Azim Premji Foundation
Next to Wipro Corporate Office
Bangalore – 560 035
Phone: 1800 274 0101
FAQ’s on Azim Premji Fellowship 2020
When will the Fellowship Programme start for 2019-2020?
The fellowship application for 2020-21 is closed now. We will open the application for the next batch in June 2020.
How will I know if my application is shortlisted for the written test?
After evaluation of your application candidate will get an email communication on your status within 3 weeks from the date of your application.
What will be the work location and accommodation provided to the selected candidates?
The location of work will be at the block level of a district in one of the six states or one union territory (Chhattisgarh/ Madhya Pradesh/ Rajasthan/ Uttarakhand/ Karnataka/ Telangana/ Puducherry). The candidate will be staying at your respective block. The candidate’s block location will be communicated to the candidate before your joining.
When will the result be declared?
The candidate will get the result through email by 1st week of December 2020.
What are the benefits provided under this fellowship?
- Rs.35,000/- per month salary
- Health, Life and Accident Insurance
- Relocation and Housing Deposit Assistance