Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship 2020: An initiative by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Atal Bihari Vajpayee scholarship is a program aimed at providing financial assistance to needy and meritorious students who have completed their class 10 and 12.
Moreover, the Atal Bihari Vajpayee scholarship caters to students from middle-class families. From a socio-economic perspective, this is a big leap forward as it helps to alleviate the problem of poverty and illiteracy. Read on to explore how to apply for the scholarship and other important details of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship 2020 for 10th Students and 12th Students.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Overview
|Scholarship Name||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship|
|Provided By||Central Government of India|
|Apply Online Through||National Scholarship Portal|
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are deemed eligible if they fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must also have cleared their class 10 and 12.
- The candidates must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
- The candidate’s annual family income from all sources should not be over INR 6,00,000.
- The candidate must have secured not less than 50% marks in the last appeared examination.
- Moreover, candidates must have at least 75% attendance.
- The scholarship is not applicable to distance learning.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Amount
- The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship rewards candidates with INR 10,000 per annum. (INR 1,000 per month for 10 months).
- 10th class candidates can renew the scholarship for class 12. However, the candidates have to ensure that they have 75% attendance in their previous class.
- Moreover, if candidates managed to score more 85% marks or more in class 12, they will be awarded a sum of INR 25,000 (INR 2500 per month for 10 months).
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Dates
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Online Registration Starts from||August 2020|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Last Date||October 2020|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Selection List released on||Update Soon|
|Scholarship Amount distributed from||Update Soon|
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Application Procedure
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship 2020 online application can be processed by the following steps:
- Interested candidates have to visit the National Scholarship Portal at https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Click on “New Registration”.
- Fill in the Application form with relevant details.
- You will then be presented with your username and password.
- Now, go back to the homepage and login with the new username and password.
- Choose your preferred scholarship.
- Fill in the required details and upload prescribed documents.
- Cross verify the information provided and then click “Final Submit”.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit and need. The list of selected candidates will be updated on the website within a month or two of the application date.
Documents Required for Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship
Candidates are instructed to keep scanned copies of the following documents:
- Address proof
- Bank account details of the candidate
- Candidate’s ID proof
- Income certificate
- Candidate’s university ID proof
- Marks sheet of the last appeared exam along with class 10 and 12 marks sheet.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Contact Details
For any technical problems, the candidate can contact the help desk of the Atal Bihari Scholarship.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship Contact number – 01206619540
FAQ’s on Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship 2020
What is the official website for the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship?
Candidates can find the application form for the scholarship on https://scholarships.gov.in/
When is the last date to submit the application?
To be announced soon.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.