AFNA Scholarship 2020: AFNA Scholarship, or the Assam Foundation of North America Akadamics Scholarship, is a program offered by the AFNA (Assam Foundation of North America) to enable needy, yet meritorious students of Assam.
AFNA is based in the US, with a 30-year long history of supporting social welfare and development programs in Assam. Of many such ventures, AFNA Scholarship is the most elaborate and premier program to aid in the development of youths in the Indian State of Assam. Read on the explore the eligibility, selection criteria, and award of the AFNA Scholarship.
AFNA Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to ensure that they fulfill the following criteria to be deemed eligible under the AFNA scholarship:
- Students who are enrolled or seeking admission for a bachelor’s degree in any field
- Candidates must have cleared their higher secondary/ pre-university/ ISC or CBSE board examinations
- The candidate’s annual family income from all sources must not exceed INR 50,000.
- Candidates must be domiciles of Assam and must have documents to support the same.
AFNA Scholarship Amount
Selected candidates will be entitled to a partial or complete compensation of the tuition fee.
AFNA Scholarship Application Procedure
The candidates have the option to file their application through online or offline mode.
- Visit the official site registration site at http://assamfoundation.net/
- Fill in the relevant details
- Also, two subjective questions are to be answered by the candidates. Questions are given in the application form itself.
- Send in the filled-up application form (via speed post/ registered post only) to the address mentioned below
AFNA – AKADAMICS
Vadnais Heights, MN 55127
- Visit the official site registration site at http://assamfoundation.net/a/codes-akadamics/AKADAMICS-OnlineForm.html
- Fill in the relevant details
- Submit and save application form in PDF format
- Email the application form to [email protected]
AFNA Scholarship Selection Procedure
- The candidates are selected after screening and scrutinizing the application form. Selected candidates have to send prescribed documents to the aforementioned email ID or postal address.
- Upon a successful presentation of the prescribed documents, the scholarships will be disbursed to the candidates.
- There is no minimum academic grade or percentage to be eligible.
- The selection board will consider all data provided on the application form, including the essay, to make a decision.
- The decision made by the selection board is final.
Documents Required for AFNA Scholarship
- Parent’s salaries slip. Note: Income certificate attested by the local or government authority is not valid.
- In the case of retired parents, please provide a pension statement from a dedicated pension authority or an authorized financial institution/ bank.
- Pensioners should also show documents to verify salary drawn at the time of retirement and employing organization.
- Income certificate or income tax return for parents in business
- Income certificate detailing the nature and size of land holdings, crop types, and irrigation methods should be provided for parents pursuing the agricultural profession.
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of admission into a bachelor’s degree (any course).
AFNA Scholarship Dates
- Applications Open for 2020 – January 1st, 2020
- Last Date for Application Submission (Online or Paper) for 2020-21 session – April 30th, 2020
- Last Date for Documentation Submission (from the requested applicants) – June 15th, 2020 (tentative)
- Last Date for Documentation Submission (from requested applicants appearing in the 12th-grade exam) – June 30th, 2020 (tentative)
- Scholarship Announcement – July 31st, 2020 (tentative).
Note: Changes in dates will be informed as updated on the AFNA Website.
FAQ’s on AFNA Scholarship
What is the official website for accessing the AFNA Scholarship form?
Application form of AFNA scholarship can be accessed at http://assamfoundation.net/a/codes-akadamics/AKADAMICS-OnlineForm.html
When is the application window opening?
The application window is scheduled to open from January 2020.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.