ADW Scholarship 2019-2020: The Adi Dravidar & Tribal Welfare Department, as well as the Department of Backward Classes Welfare for Tamil Nadu government, introduced various schemes for the 2019-20 Tamilnadu Scholarship for 09/10/11th and 12th-grade students. All the details related to the ADW scholarship (Adidravidar Scholarship) can be found below.
The Adi Dravidar/tribal Population’s plurality is financially poor and socially marginalized. Many households lack resources and there is restricted access to education, jobs and other ways to earn income. Thus, ADW scholarship is for the kids that are underprivileged and lack the financial resources for higher study in Tamil Nadu.
Functions and Main Objectives of ADW Scholarship
- Provide grants for students studying in schools and colleges.
- AdiDravidar & Tribal Welfare School Students are given concessions and incentives.
- Unique reward program to encourage the training of women.
- Chief Ministers Prize in the Higher Secondary School Examinations to promote high scorers.
- Job-oriented learning production.
- Law students are given special assistance to launch their careers.
- The problem of Equipment and Appliances for the Disabled Adi Dravidar/Tribal People/Converted Christian Adi Dravidar under the poverty line.
- Hostel services are available for students enrolled in universities, colleges and ITI’s.
- Removal of Untouchability to promote harmony between communities.
- Provision of free House Site Pattas as well as burial grounds, and Pathways to burial grounds for the poor homeless families of Adi Dravidar and Tribal area.
Schools and Hostels Details Under ADW Scholarship
|Classification of Schools and Hostels||No’s||No. of Students|
|Adi Dravidar Welfare Schools||131||11635|
|Adi Dravidar Welfare Hostels||54||3543|
Eligibility for ADW Scholarship
Scheduled Caste/Tribe Boy/Girl Students studying beyond the 10th hour. Parent/Guardian Annual income does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakhs (Big income for all categories will be considered).
How To Apply for ADW Scholarship?
Only follow the steps below to apply for the Adi Dravida welfare department scholarship.
- Step 1: Go through the URL given above to the Tamil Nadu district’s official website.
- Step 2: Register with your email and code.
- Step 3: Complete the details required to complete the application form.
- Step 4: You should get a verification email after you have finished your application.
Password Forgot Procedure for ADW Scholarship
If you do not recall your username, please fill in the following details to reset your code,
- Step 1: Visit the official website and click on the “Forgot Password” button on the home page.
- Step 2: Enter Your User Name
- Step 3: Enter Your Email
- Step 4: Enter Your Mobile Number
- Step 5: Enter the Submit button at last.
Maintenance for ADW Scholarship
All charges that are compulsory and non-refundable, payable to Govt./Govt. Assisted schools and colleges are approved as repair support scholarships. For students studying in self-financing schools, fees fixed by the committee are excluded. Students’ maintenance budget is sanctioned.
Free Schemes Under ADW Scholarship
- Text Books: All students in Adi Dravidar Welfare Schools and Government Tribal Residential Schools studying in Standards 1 through 12.
- Education Books: All students in Adi Dravidar Welfare Schools and Tribal Residential Schools studied in Class 1st to 10th.
- Uniforms: 4 sets of uniforms will be provided free of charge (including students studying at AD & TW hostels) for all students from I to XII Levels in Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Schools.
- Bikes: Cost-free bikes are given to Adi Dravidar/Tribal/Adi Dravidar converted to Christianity Girls & Boys studying at Std XIth & XIIth in State/Government Aided Schools and partially Government Aided Schools where + 1 & + 2 is managed on a self-financing basis.
- Admission of Adi Dravidar/Tribal students in+ 1 to reputable colleges: 10 outstanding students from each district covering a maximum of 320 Adi Dravidar/Tribal students who achieved highest marks in X level in government/corporation/municipal/Adi Dravidar and tribal welfare schools are selected and admitted in + 1 to reputable private schools in order to provide quality education.
FAQ’s on ADW Scholarship 2020
How many schools are classified under the ADW scholarship?
Under the ADW scholarship, there are 131 schools in the Tamil Nadu state government.
Which students are eligible under the ADW scholarship?
Scholarship for 09/10/11th and 12th-grade students under ADW scholarship.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.