Aditya Birla Scholarship 2019: Aditya Birla Scholarship is an initiative of the Aditya Birla Group. This scholarship offered to meritorious students from the renowned institutes of India every year. Institutes like IITs, IIMs, BITs, and XLRI with the aim of encouraging them to pursue their academic and co-curricular excellence and leadership abilities. Aditya Birla Group has already been released the online applications for the Aditya Birla Scholarship 2019-20.
This scholarship covers academic as well as hostel fees for the entire course duration. If they maintain a good academic report throughout their course duration. So, eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship on or before July 13, 2019. Candidates can apply online for this scholarship on the official website of Aditya Birla Group. Read the complete article to get all the information about the Aditya Birla Scholarship.
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2019-20
Aditya Birla Scholarship can be applied through online mode only. This scholarship offered to only the students from IITs/IIMs/BITs/XLRI institutes all over India. This scholarship introduced in 1999 to provide opportunities for outstanding students to learn through networking with the country’s first global conglomerate.
This Scholarship is named in honor of the late Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla. This scholarship helps to make future leaders in accordance with the goal of pursuing Mr. Birla’s ideals. This scholarship achieved through nurturing outstanding academic excellence and humane leadership values. This has been implemented in partnership with IITs, IIMs, XLRI, BITS, and law campuses.
Aditya Birla Group believes in nurturing a culture of innovation and experimentation. The Group working in 5000 villages reaching out to 7.5 million people every year. This helps them to know the academic and extra-academic opportunities under this scheme. Aditya Birla Group invites scholars to work with them if they are eligible for it. But, it is not mandatory to join the Group after the completion of their course.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Overview
|Conducting Body||Aditya Birla Group|
|Scholarship Name||Aditya Birla Scholarship|
|Scholarship Type||Post-Matric Scholarship|
|Applicable State||All Over India|
|Purpose of Scholarship||Offered to IITs, IIMs, BITs, and XLRI institute students to pursue their academic and co-curricular excellence and make the leadership abilities|
|Application Deadline||13th July 2019|
Aditya Birla Scholarship Important Dates
|Last Date of Scholarship Application Submission||July 13, 2019|
|Intimation to Selected Candidates||Third Week of August 2019|
|Interview to Selected Candidates||Third Week of September 2019|
Aditya Birla Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students from the below-listed institutes are eligible to apply:
- B.Tech. in IITs – Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Roorkee, Guwahati.
- XLRI – Jamshedpur.
- IIMs – Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Indore, Lucknow, Shilong, Kozhikode.
- BITs Campuses.
- National Law School of India University – Bangalore.
- NALSAR University of Law – Hyderabad.
- National Law University – Jodhpur.
- National Law University – Gujarat.
- National University of Juridical Sciences – Kolkata.
- The first top 20 students of the entrance exam conducted for admission are eligible to apply through the Dean of the respective Institutes.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Rewards
Aditya Birla Scholarship covers a large portion of academic and hostel fees for the IITs/ BITs stream students. However, it covers some portion of the tuition fee for the management and law stream students. Refer to the table below to know the Aditya Birla Scholarship Rewards.
|Institutes||Amount per Annum|
|IITs/BITs (Pilani)||Rs. 1,00,000|
|LAW||Rs. 1,80,000 or Actual Fees, whichever is lower|
Aditya Birla Scholarship Selection Process
Refer to the below-listed selection process for the Aditya Birla Scholarship.
- 160 students from the IITs/ BITS (Pilani), 180 students from the IIMs/ XLRI, and 100 students from law campuses will be evaluated as per the information mentioned in the application form.
- Students will be evaluated to select for the next round based on their overall achievements on both sides of academic and co-curricular excellence.
- Then, the panel will review the essays written by these students to select them for the final round.
- The selected students will be invited for an interview which will be held in Mumbai. In this interview, the best 16 students each from Engineering and Management and 8 from Law will be determined.
- These selected students will be named ‘Aditya Birla Scholars’. Shortlisted students will be provided with travel reimbursement, accommodation, and a token allowance.
- A well-known panel of luminaries and academicians will conduct the interviews.
- Shortlisted students must bring all the supporting documents such as photocopies of mark sheets, certificates, etc.
- Aditya Birla Scholars will be awarded the scholarship amount. This is administered by the Deans or Directors of the institutes.
- The scholarship amount will be given through cheques directly to their office.
- The scholarships are valid in continued performance for the course. As the scholarship, the result is declared only in September. So, the institute will refund the amount which has already been paid by the students.
- The Scholars performance will be monitored thoroughly for the renewal of the scholarship every year.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Application Process
Refer to the below points to apply for the Aditya Birla Scholarship.
- Go to the official website of Aditya Birla Group @ http://www.adityabirlascholars.net/
- Select the link related to scholarship on the homepage.
- Then, read all the prescribed instructions to fill the Aditya Birla Scholarship Form.
- Download the Aditya Birla Scholarship Application Form.
- After this, fill the correct and necessary information in the application form.
- Attach all the supporting documents along with the form.
- Submit it along with the supporting documents to the Dean of your institution.
Documents Required for Aditya Birla Scholarship
Attach the below-listed supporting documents to apply for the Aditya Birla Scholarship.
- Photocopies of the previous examination certificates and mark sheets
- Photocopy of the first page of bank passbook in the name of the student
- Photocopy of student’s Aadhar card
Aditya Birla Scholarship Renewal
The performance assessment will be done every year until the course completion for the renewal process. The Scholars will be assessed on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge their excellence on the academic and leadership side. This will help in determining the renewal of the scholarship and the honor of continuing as the ‘Aditya Birla Scholar’. Refer to the below-listed criteria for the renewal of the scholarship:
- The scholar must belong to the top 25% of the students batch to meet the scholastic standards.
- The work done by the Scholar during the course of the program will be assessed.
- At least 60% of the assignments of the Scholar must have a rating of 7 on a 9 point scale.
- Scholars participate in at least 2 forums of campus will be determined.
- The Scholars learnings will be determined by giving a 250-word essay on ‘Being an Aditya Birla Scholar – experience sharing’ to the Scholar.
- The above data for the performance measurement should be submitted by the Scholar and verified by the Dean at the institute.
- The evaluation will be performed based on the overall performance in all areas.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any help or queries related to Aditya Birla Scholarship, students may contact using the below details
Aditya Birla Center,
‘C’ Wing, 1st Floor, S.K. Ahire Marg Worli,
Phone Number: 91-22-66525000 / 24995000
FAQ’s on Aditya Birla Scholarship
What is the Aditya Birla Scholarship?
Aditya Birla Scholarship is an initiative of the Aditya Birla Group. This scholarship offered to meritorious students from the renowned institutes of India every year. Institutes like IITs, IIMs, BITs, and XLRI with the aim of encouraging them to pursue their academic and co-curricular excellence and leadership abilities.
What is the result declaration date of the Aditya Birla Scholarship?
The result of the Aditya Birla Scholarship will be declared in September.
What is the last date to apply for the Aditya Birla Scholarship?
The last date to apply for the Aditya Birla Scholarship is 13th July 2019.
Is Aditya Birla Scholarship available for all State candidates?
Yes, the Aditya Birla Scholarship is available all over India.
What are the rewards provided under the Aditya Birla Scholarship?
Aditya Birla Scholarship covers a large portion of academic and hostel fees for the IITs/ BITs stream students. However, it covers some portion of the tuition fee for the management and law stream students. If they maintain a good academic report throughout their course duration.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about the Aditya Birla Scholarship. If you have queries related to Aditya Birla Scholarship, then leave it in the comment box.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.