Dr Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2019-2020: APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is not only offered by a single organization but also named after India’s former president. It is also offered by various state governments, educational institutions and other organizations to commemorate Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s memories and help achieve the mission of making India a 100% literate country by providing students with educational opportunities. All deserving and needy candidates are offered financial support by the scholarships or fellowships in order to complete their education.
Under this system of Abdul Kalam fellowship, Jamia Millia Islamia’s 50 learners obtain tuition reimbursement pursuant to an Rs. 10,000 total per pupil per year. In addition, 50% of the complete grants are intended for woman learners. Dr APJ Abdul kalam Scholarship Last Date to apply is 30th September 2019.
We discussed the significant information of all the scholarships designated after APJ Kalam in this paper. The catalog of these scholarships/fellowships can be found here along with their registration duration, benefits, registration, and implementation method. The chart of all the scholarships designated Abdul Kalam Scholarship is given below.
Abdul Kalam Scholarship Dates
The starting date of Application is ongoing and the last date to submit the application form is December 31, 2019. If you want to get a seat to apply before the application closed.
Abdul Kalam Scholarship Time Table
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Period|
|APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship, Kerala||Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala||August to November|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships||Jamia Millia Islamia||December to January|
|Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship||Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB)||December|
|President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship||University of South Florida (USF)||January to March|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards||National Innovation Foundation||April to August|
|Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship||United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF)||January to July|
|Dr. Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarships||University of Sydney||During Semester-I in August and Semester-II in May|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program||Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR)||December to January|
Abdul Kalam Scholarship Rewards
Applicants are chosen for any of the Abdul Kalam Scholarships financed by various organizations to obtain economic support to achieve a good education. Find below the benefits information provided by each of the above-described scholarships/fellowships to the learners.
Abdul Kalam Scholarship – Individual Award Details
Each scholarship of Abdul Kalam listed in this article has its own application procedure. It is possible to apply most of these scholarships through the online application system. The table below tells you how to apply for these scholarships and where to apply before the end of their deadline.
Each scholarship/fellowship referred to in this article requires different criteria for eligibility. School students, undergraduates or postgraduates can make use of these schemes. The conditions of eligibility that applicants must fulfill in order to benefit from scholarship benefits are set out below.
Applicants selected for any of the Abdul Kalam Scholarships funded by various organizations receive financial support to pursue a quality education. Find below the details of the rewards offered by each of the above-mentioned scholarships/fellowships to the students. Click here to know about Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2019-2020
Note: Only 50 Students will get this scholarship.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship, Kerala
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship Application Form 2020: Interested applicants can register for this scholarship internet through the state government’s Minority Welfare Scholarships Portal.
- This is a minority scholarship and can, therefore, be implemented by learners from minority groups like Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi, and Jain.
- The applicant’s estimated household earnings must not exceed Rs. 8 Lakh.
- The applicant must be the Kerala state’s indigenous.
- The candidate must take a merit-based government / assisted provincial certificate classes.
- Candidates of the BPL are provided priority while disbursing this grant.
Reward: The chosen learners earn an Rs. 6000 annual scholarship to pursue a 3-year diploma path in government/assisted polytechnics.
Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Scholarships, Jamia Millia Islamia
Abdul Kalam Scholarship Form 2020: Applicants can register by downloading the request type from Jamia Millia Islamia’s university portal and submitting it to the Dean’s cabinet after completing it and attaching the required documents.
- The candidates must be Jamia Millia Islamia’s bonafide teachers and study periodic UG/PG classes.
- The candidates must have at least 75 percent participation.
- The candidates must have either completed the committee of school 12 or acquired a degree of UG.
- The applicants’ annual household earnings shall not exceed Rs. 2 Lakh.
Reward: Under this system of Abdul Kalam fellowship, Jamia Millia Islamia’s 50 learners obtain tuition reimbursement pursuant to an Rs. 10,000 total per pupil per year. In addition, 50% of the complete grants are intended for woman learners.
Dr. Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarships
Application Process: Students can register the internet through Sydney University’s internet implementation scheme.
- This scholarship is available for international learners.
- For any UG program at the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies at Sydney University, the applicants must have an unconditional grant.
- The applicants must have finished either an Australian Year 12 diploma or an ATAR equal of at capped 98 global junior secondary diploma.
Reward: This scholarship includes only one year 50 percent of the chosen applicant’s education charges.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program
Application Process: You can apply for this program directly through AcSIR’s formal portal.
- Applicants enrolled in the first-year MSc program (pre-MSc degree category minimum first-class) are qualified.
- The candidates may also qualify for a GPA rating of 6.0 on a scale of 10 in the fifth to pre-final year of Integrated MSc program or equal.
- GPA rating of 8.0 on a scale of 10 or GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFT Is at B.E/B. Tech or GATE Score of 600 or NET (Engineering) rank of 1 to 100 may also extend to first-year learners of ME / MTech program or similar.
- Applicants are qualified to register for a BE / B.Tech program or equal to PA 8.0 on a scale of 10 or GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10.
- Also eligible are the third to the pre-final year students of the Integrated ME / MTech or equivalent program (GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs or GATE Score alone or NET).
- For this program, a maximum of 20 applicants is chosen and obtain an Rs. 25,000 worth grant for a duration of 2 months.
- Candidates also receive an Rs. 5000 transport subsidy.
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
Application Process: Applicants can submit their application/appointment through their organizations/institutions heads.
- The candidates must be Indians employed in India at reputable publicly funded organizations in various engineering capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and skilled professional qualification must be held by the candidates.
- As on the eve of the grant of this grant, the applicants must have at least 5 years of work remaining in the mother organization.
- The applicants earn a grant amounting to Rs. 25,000 per month under this Abdul Kalam grant.
- The chosen applicants also receive an annual Rs. 15 Lakh research grant to be used for design, study and development operations, including consumables, recruitment of resources, national/international science transport, etc.
- The housing centers are also provided an expense quantity of Rs. 1 Lakh per year.
President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship
Application Process: Please submit your finished request type by email to [email protected]
- The candidates must have completed their Indian university degrees.
- Before submitting their fellowship application, the applicants must have submitted the University of South Florida’s graduate application form and received the university ID code.
- In the previous topics, candidates must be prepared to follow a Ph.D. degree.
- For a total duration of 4 years, the chosen applicants receive a tuition fee waiver.
- The pupils are also awarded a USD 22,000 stipend.
- The University of South Florida also charges full tuition (up to 12 courses per class) for USF graduate-level credit hours that work towards the graduate degree of the student.
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship
Application Process: Through the gateway of the Institute of International Education, applicants can register the internet.
- The candidates are required to reside in India and Indian people.
- The candidates ‘ educational records must be outstanding.
- The applicants must have English language skills.
- Candidates applicants for doctoral studies must be enrolled in an Indian Ph.D. program and have undertaken appropriate studies in the appropriate sector, particularly in resource detection in India and the United States.
- Applicants for postdoctoral research must have earned a Ph.D. degree in the previous four years.
Rewards: The chosen applicants are qualified for various advantages under this grant provided by USIEF, such as J-1 visa assistance, round-journey airfare between India and the US, a monthly stipend, skilled compensation and much more.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards
Application Process: Students can apply online or by email/post for this award.
- The students up to Class 12 can apply this Abdul Kalam award.
- The applicants must not be over the age of 17-18.
- The applicants who have the maximum age limit out of school are 17 years old.
Reward: In an exhibition, the students get to show their project. The students also receive the train’s travel expenses.
How To Apply for Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2020 Application form can be submitted by following these below steps:
- Download the application form by visiting the official website https://aktu.ac.in/
- Fill all the required details in the application form.
- Before filling the application form once check the eligibility criteria and instructions carefully.
- Apply only if you are eligible for the scholarship, otherwise, your application may rejected.
- After filling the form upload all the required documents.
- Now recheck all the information which you have entered in the application form and click on the submit button.
- Take Print out of the Application form for future reference.
Abdul Kalam Scholarship Eligibility Conditions
- The Scholarships are open to citizens of India.
- Candidates must be a bonafide student of Jamia Millia Islamia’s under-graduate/ post-graduate regular course and
bearing good conduct
- Applicant must have at least 75% of attendance
- Candidates must have passed either class XII examination OR undergraduate degree to be eligible for the scholarship;
- Candidates must be from an economically weak family whose income should not be more than Rs.2.0 Lac (Rs. Two Lacs
only) per annum
- 50% of the scholarship will be reserved for female students of Jamia Millia Islamia
- The students, who have been awarded Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Scholarship by the University, are entitled to receive a stipend or any financial assistance from any other source. However, if the student is awarded any stipend or financial assistance from any other source, he/she shall immediately communicate the same to Dean, Students’ Welfare (DSW).
Documents Required for Abdul Kalam Scholarship
- A School-leaving certificate as proof of age;
- Identity card issued by the University;
- Family / Parent’s Income Certificate issued by the competent authority;
- Death Certificate of Mother / Father (in death cases);
- A write-up on the justification for getting a scholarship (in not more than 300 words).
- Application is to be forwarded by the Dean of Faculty / Head of Dept. / Director of the Centre
- Mark-sheet of the last examination passed.
FAQ’s on Abdul Kalam Scholarship
How many different types of scholarships are available under the Abdul Kalam scholarship?
A total of 8 different types of scholarships are available under the Abdul Kalam scholarship.
Is there a different process to be followed for all the scholarships?
Yes, there is a different application process, eligibility criteria, and rewards for each of these scholarships.