Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 6
1. Which group of countries was known as the ‘Allies’ in Europe? 1
Vhere vas the first cotton mill set up in India?
When was ‘City of Bombay Improvement Trust’ established?
2. What is the Calligraphy? 1
Whose pxr condition has been dealt with in the novel ‘Sewasadan’?
3. What measure was adopted by the democratically elected government of Sri Lanka to establish Sinhala Supremacy? I
4. Which type of government has two or more levels? 1
5. What does the overlapping difference signify? I
6. Why do some people oppose dams ? Give one reason. (HOTS) I
7. What is GDP (Gross Domestic Product)? I[IOTSI ¡
8. For how many days employment is guaranteed under NREGA 2005? 1
9. What had attracted the Europeans to Africa ? Give any three reasons. 3
Why did technological changes occur slowly in Britain in early 19h1 century? Explain any three reasons.
How did London become a powerful magnet for (he migrant population ? Explain.
10. How did Gutenberg personalise the printed books ? Explain. 3
Why were children prevented from reading novels ? Explain three valid reasons.
11. Suggest any three methods of soil conservation suitable to Indian conditions. |HOTSJ 3
12. Explain any three human activities responsible for land degradation in India. [Value-based question) 3
13. What is Himalayan Yew ? Why is it under great threat at present ? 3
14. List any three advantages and disadvantages of Multipurpose River Project. 3
15. What are the growing conditions required for the main staple food crop of India ? Mention the main growing regions. 3
16. What is horizontal distribution of power ? Mention its any two advantages. 3
17. What did the African-American athletes do in order to draw international attention to ‘Black Poverty’ in the Mexico Olympic ? 3
18. Why are caste barriers breaking down in India ? Explain with three reasons. 3
19. “The issue of sustainability is important for development.” Explain. 3
20. Why average income is taken into consideration, instead of total income while making comparison between countries ? 3
21. Agriculture is an unorganised sector in India. Do you agree with this statement ? Justify your answer with suitable examples. (HOTS) 3
22. Explain any five factors that led to the Great Depression of 1929. 5
How did the British manufacturers attempt to take over Indian market with the help of advertisements?
Explain the social changes ‘Family’ as an institution underwent in Britain in the era of Industrialisation.
23. Why did some historians feel that the printing technology created the basis of French Revolution?5
Who translated the novel Henrietta Temple’ in Malayalam ? Why did he give up the idea of translating more English novels in Vernacular language ? What did he decide to do instead ?
24. What were the effects of spreading of print culture for the poor people in the 19tl’ century India ? 5
How ‘Industrial Revolution’ was reflected in the novels ?
25. What type of soil is found in river deltas of the eastern coast ? Give four main features of this type of soil, 5
26. Why has federalism succeeded in India ? What were the policies adopted by India which have ensured this success ? Explain. 5
27. Discuss any four steps taken by the government towards women empowerment and gender inequality? 5
28. What is development ? What are the indicators used by UNDP for measuring development ? Compare it with the World Bank Report. 5
29. What is the difference in employment conductions between organised and unorganised sectors of the economy ?5
Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science Solved 2016-17 Set 6 (Download Question Paper PDF)
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science Solved 2016-17 Set 1
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science Solved 2016-17 Set 2
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 3
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 4
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 5
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 7
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 8
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 9
- Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE SA1 Social Science 2016-17 Solved Set 10