RD Sharma Class 9 Solutions Chapter 22 Tabular Representation of Statistical Data
- The word ‘data’ means information. Its exact dictionary meaning is “given facts”.
- Statistical data are of two types
- The number of times an observation occurs in the given data is called the frequency of the observation
- There are two types of frequency distribution:
- Discrete frequency distribution
- Continuous frequency distribution
- In a discrete frequency distribution the cumulative frequency of a particular value of the variable is the total of all the frequencies of the values of the variable which are less than or equal to the particular value.
- A table which displays the manner is which cumulative frequencies are distributed over various classes is called a cumulative frequency distribution or cumulative frequency table.