NTSE Preparation Tips 2019-20: National Talent Search Examination is popularly known as NTSE and prestigious scholarship programs in India. Every lakhs of students will apply for this scholarship program along with them only a 1000 students will get NTSE Scholarship and become NTSE Scholar based on performance. NTSE exam is conducted only for class 10 students by NCERT as sate level and national level. Aspiring students must have a proper NTSE Preparation strategy to achieve the scholarship reward.
Before starting preparation students first step is to know about NTSE Exam Pattern and NTSE Syllabus. Get some tricks and tips from this article.
NTSE Preparation 2019-20 – Tips to become an NTSE Scholar
Before getting into the NTSE Preparation aspirants must know about NTSE Exam. NTSE Exam is conducted in two stages, the first stage is the state level exam and the second stage is a national level exam. Both stages of NTSE Exam have two papers namely SAT and MAT. Exam Pattern for both the stages of NTSE Exam is exam but the difference is actually in questions.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 – Mental Ability Test (MAT)||Aptitude Test||100/100|
|Paper 2 – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||Science, Social Science, Mathematics||100 (Science – 40, Social Science – 40, Mathematics – 20)/100|
Now let’s see about NTSE Syllabus, it is same for both stages of the NTSE Exam. NTSE Syllabus is based on Class 9 and Class 10 subjects, for better results students refer to NCERT books for NTSE Examination Preparation.
NTSE Preparation Tips for MAT Section
As mentioned earlier each stage of NTSE Exam ha two papers. Best way to prepare both papers is knowing the nature of each paper.
Mental Ability Test is popularly known as MAT to gauge one’s mental ability to reason, judge, evaluate and visualize in spatial orientation. MAT section of NTSE exam will have a variety of aptitude questions based on analogies, classification, series, pattern perception, hidden figures, coding-decoding, block assembly, problem-solving, etc. This section might be the most important section of both as it has a good hold on the NTSE Selection. Candidates must give ample amount of time for this section of NTSE preparation. While regular practice aids in cracking this section, you can also try a few of the NTSE tips and tricks for MAT section from below
- Keep on solving different problems of the typical kind.
- Focus on time management as most aspirants tend to spoil their paper despite knowing the answer, simply because of time shortness.
- As there are no negative marks allotted for wrong answers and this part of the NTSE 2019-20 is in the form of MCQ’s, you better answer all the questions leaving none behind. This might help the chances of scoring better in NTSE MAT section.
NTSE Preparation Tips for SAT Section
Scholastic Aptitude Test also known as SAT is another paper in both stages of NTSE 2019-20. This section is conducted to assess the reasoning and logical ability of the candidates. SAT paper of NTSE 2019-20 will test the students’ potential concerning their mental abilities, languages, scholastic aptitudes and social sciences. Referring to the NCERT Books will help to score well in this section. Also, going through a good general knowledge book for ‘out of the course’ questions will aid in score improvisation.
Candidates must qualify both sections to qualify the state level exam. Qualified candidates from Stage-1 (State Level) will move on to the next level i.e., stage-2 or National Level NTSE exam.
NTSE Preparation Tips to Become a Scholar
- After trying NTSE Stage-1, qualified optimists will have enough time to focus on Stage-2. Use this time by doing as many mock tests as possible. And candidates who attend Stage-1 must first complete the NTSE syllabus before taking the mock exams.
- Take plenty of mock tests but don’t stop there. Assess your performance by understanding where you went wrong, what your accuracy is, the number of questions you made wrong, bubbling errors, and so on.
- Unlike the SAT, scoring in the MAT section is easy when practiced on a regular basis. This means that you need to strengthen your MAT section in preparation for NTSE 2019-20.
- Don’t be afraid if you don’t know the answer to any question. Instead, skip the question for the moment and move on by answering the next question. In fact, answering all the easy questions you have at the beginning can help boost your confidence.
- Track your performance and test-taking ability from every mock test, especially in the SAT section. This will not only help you score better but also help speed up the computation part.
- With these mock tests, you list the good and the weak, so that you can focus more on what needs your attention.
- Also, by studying the NTSE previous year papers, you can easily learn about the NTSE exam system.
- Make notes of things that you find difficult to remember, such as formulas, equations, etc.
- Keep an eye on important topics from the NTSE syllabus and revise them regularly.
- Candidates are advised to devote at least 3-4 hours in self-learning to improve speed, subject knowledge, and accuracy.
- Of all the tips in NTSE preparation, staying healthy, calm and confident through the journey is a must.
Now that we have provided all the necessary information about NTSE Preparation. If you have any doubt regarding this post or NTSE Preparation, please comment in the comment section we will get back to you at the earliest.