NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 15 From Market To Home
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 120
1.Does anyone in your house have to get up very early? What time do they get up? Why do they need to get up so early?
Ans. My elder brother gets up very early. He gets up at 5.00 am. He gets up to prepare for his studies.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 122
In the baazar Let us talk
1. Why do you think he does this?
Ans. He sells previous day vegetables first because they may get spoilt.
2. Have you seen dried or spoilt vegetables? Where?
Ans. Yes, I have seen dried and spoilt vegetables. I have seen them in the market and also at home.
3. How did you know that the vegetables were spoilt?
Ans. A foul smell showed that vegetables were spoilt.
4. Look at the clocks given below. Write what you do, and what Vaishali does, at
the time which the clock is showing?
5. From where do yc t vegetables for your home? Who brings the vegetables?
Ans. We get vegetables from market. Usually my mom and I bring vegetables from market.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 123
1. Fun With vegetables
The next time you get lady’s finger vegetables at home look at them carefully: Are all of them the same size?
Ans. No, all of them are not of the same size.
2. Find the longest and shortest one. Measure them?
Ans. The longest lady’s finger is of 6 inches and the shortest one is of 2 inches.
3. Are they all of the same thickness?
Ans. No, they are of different thicknesses.
4. Are they all the same colour?
Ans. Yes, all of them are of the same colour.
5. Cut two lady’s finger lengthwise. Do both of them have the same number of seeds?
Ans. No, they do not have the same number of seeds.
6. Seema’s mother has brought some fruits and vegetables from the market. Can you find them in this picture?
Ans. Brinjal, potato, pumpkin, tomato, lady’s finger, spinach, carrot.
7. Colour them and write their names in your notebook.
Ans. Do it yourself
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 124
1. Given here is a list of vegetables and fruits. Which of these will spoil earlier, and which will stay for some days? Write the names in the correct column. You can add more names in the list.
Spinach Potato Banana Tomato Pear Chikoo
Pineapple Gourd Onion Cabbage Cucumber Grapes Ginger.
2. Some of these fruits and vegetables are smooth to touch while some are rough.
From the list above, put the names in the correct column.
3. Which is the vegetable that you find the heaviest to carry? Write its name and draw its picture.
4. Which is the lightest fruit or vegetable that you have eaten? Write its name and draw the picture in your notebook.
5. Write names of three vegetables which do not have seeds.
Ans. Potato, cabbage, cauliflower.
6. Fill in the table given below.You can add three more names and fill in the table.
7. Talk with a vegetable-seller in your area. Ask the following questions and make a brief report in the notebook.
(a) What is his or her name?
Ans. Tariq Anwar
(b) How many people are there in his or her house?
Ans. There are ten people in his house.
(c) How many children are there at home?
(d) What are the names of the children? How old are they?
Ans. Mahtab -15 years old Shamim -12 years old
Jubeda – 8 years old Rajia – 3 years old
(e) Who all help in the work of selling vegetables?
Ans. His wife, and son.
(f) Who all stay with the vegetable cart or sit in the shop?
Ans. He, his wife, his father and elder son.
(g) What vegetables do they sell?
Ans. All types of vegetables.
(h) What time do they start work?
Ans. They start their work by 4 o’clock early in the morning.
(i) For how many hours in a day do they work?
Ans. They work for 15 hours
(j) Ask them about any three vegetables that they sell.