Constitutional Design Class 9 Notes Social Science Civics Chapter 3 SST Pdf free download is part of Class 9 Social Science Notes for Quick Revision. Here we have given Constitutional Design Class 9 Civics Chapter 3 Notes.
Constitutional Design Class 9 Notes Social Science Civics Chapter 3
The following topics from this chapter are being highlighted the most in the previous 3 year’s examinations and thereby hold significant importance.
- Democratic Constitution in South Africa.
- Making of the Indian Constitution
Democratic Constitution in South Africa
- Nelson Mandela, the South African leader of African National Congress, fought a long battle against Apartheid.
- Imprisoned for 28 years (1964-1992) emerged as the first President of the Republic of South Africa.
- People struggled against the horrible discrimination practised against them by the white minority rulers.
- Apartheid system began to fall apart in the 1980s. Finally; in 1994, the first free multiracial elections were held.
- Remarkable constitution, forgot past sufferings, sought co-operation of all the races which made South Africa based on equality, democratic values and social justice.
Do We Need A Constitution?
- Yes. A constitution has written laws accepted by people living together in a country.
- It generates trust and coordination.
- It specifies how a government should be constituted.
- It lays down limits on the powers of the government.
- It expresses the aspirations of the people about creating a good society.
Making of the Indian Constitution
- From 1858 onwards, the British Government passed many Acts for the government of India but could not satisfy Indian aspiration.
- The demand for a Constitution was first raised in 1934 by the Indian National Congress.
- In 1938, Jawaharlal Nehru formulated the demand for a Constituent Assembly.
- In 1942, the British Government recognized that Indians should frame a new Constitution by themselves.
- Participation in Provincial Legislatures helped Indians in framing their Constitution.
- The Leaders were inspired by the French Revolution, British Parliamentary System and the Bill of Rights of the US.
- They also learnt what the British were denying Indian citizens.
The Constituent Assembly
- Elections to the Constituent Assembly were held in July 1946.
- Dr B.R. Ambedkar was appointed Chairman of the Drafting Committee.
- The Constitution was adopted on 26th November 1949, and enacted on 26th January 1950, when India became a Republic state.
- The Constitution reflects the best minds of the country. The Constituent Assembly was called Mini- India.
- Every law was debated clause by clause and a consensus arrived at.
- It is the longest written Constitution in the world.
We hope the given Constitutional Design Class 9 Notes Social Science Civics Chapter 3 SST Pdf free download will help you. If you have any query regarding Constitutional Design Class 9 Civics Chapter 3 Notes, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.