AEEE is a national level exam conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham for admissions into its various undergraduate programs. The University has 6 campuses in Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Mysuru, Coimbatore, and Chennai.
The exam is conducted in the month of May in both offline and online mode. The university also accepts the JEE mains score for admission to B.Tech programs. However, the candidates have to fill the AEEE application form. Only 30% seats are reserved for JEE candidates.
Read on to explore more about AEEE, its registration, application and examination procedure.
The registration procedure is as follows:
- The registration is done online on the official website.
- The application forms can be filled online as well as offline.
- The forms are made available in the month of September.
- The candidates have to fill the required details.
- Candidates will have to upload their photograph along with the signatures.
- Payment is done online by credit card/debit card/net banking.
- The form can also be submitted in the University campus along with a demand draft.
- No form will be accepted without the application fee.
- The candidates appearing for AEEE have to pay an application fees of Rs. 1000.
- The candidates seeking admission on the basis of JEE scores have to pay an application fee of Rs. 400.
- In case the candidate wants admission through JEE and AEEE both, he needs to pay a fee of Rs. 1000 only.
AEEE Eligibility Criteria
The candidates aspiring to appear for AEEE have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be born on or after 1st July, 1999.
- The candidates should have passed class 12th with an aggregate of 60% from a recognized board.
- The candidates should have scored 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- The candidates appearing for class 12th are also allowed to appear for the exam.
- NRI, foreign candidates and PIO need not appear for the exam. The NRI-sponsored candidates have to appear for the exam.
AEEE Admit Card
- The AEEE admit cards are made available on the official website in the first week of April.
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card. The admit cards need to be kept safe for counselling.
- The admit card contains the candidate’s name, registration number, exam center, and exam date.
The admit card can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Enter the candidate’s name and date of birth.
- Click on the download button.
- Take a printout of the admit card.
AEEE Slot Booking
The candidates are required to book the examination slots. The admit card will be released only after the slot is booked. The slots are booked on first come first serve basis. The candidates who fail to appear for the slot booking process, are allotted slots by the University authorities.
The candidates can book the slots in the following manner:
- Go to the official website and log in using the application number and date of birth.
- Select the exam time and date.
- Click on the submit button.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen once the slot is booked.
AEEE Exam Pattern
- The exam is conducted in online and offline mode for a duration of 150 minutes.
- The exam comprises a total of 100 objective type questions.
- The exam contains questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- 3 marks are awarded for every correct answer, and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
The number of questions and the marks awarded for each section in the entrance test are given in a tabular form below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The results are announced in the first week of May and are published on the official website. The candidates can download the result in the following manner:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link for AEEE Results.
- Enter the candidate’s registration number and date of birth and click on submit.
- The result appears on the screen.
- Download and print the result.
- AEEE counselling begins in the month of May. The candidates who have secured a rank in the exam are eligible for counselling.
- The counselling is done online.
- Prior to counselling, the students need to register and pay the counselling fees which is non-refundable.
- The students attending the counselling have to fill the preference.
- The candidates need to present their original documents at the counselling center for verification.
- The seats are allotted based on the candidate’s rank, eligibility preferences, category and the availability of seats.
- After the seat allotment, the candidates need to pay the admission fees for the confirmation of seat.
The documents required at the time of AEEE counselling include:
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Class 1th pass certificate
- Admit card of class 12th and AEEE
- The score card of AEEE
- Transfer certificate of the school
- Reserved category certificate
- Sports category certificate
AEEE is the gateway to a reputed university in the country. Proper preparation and guidance is required by the candidates appearing for the entrance exam. The basic concepts from class 11th and 12th should be clear. The students can also refer to the AEEE reference books and solve mock tests and sample papers for better practice. This also trains the candidates to manage time while solving the question paper.
For further details and recent updates on AEEE, the candidates should keep checking the official website.
FAQs for AEE
Which is the best campus of Amrita University for studies?
The Amrita University campus at Coimbatore is the best among all the campuses in the country.
What is the mode of examination for AEEE?
AEEE is conducted in online as well as offline mode.
When will AEEE 2020 be conducted?
AEEE is usually conducted in the month of April. But AEEE 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19 until May. The new dates will be announced soon.
Has the last date of application for AEEE 2020 changed?
The modifications in the last date of application for AEEE have not been mentioned on the official website. Hence, the last date for completing the application process for AEEE 2020 was 31st March, 2020.